..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Can psx2 play .bin files?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I configured my psx2 to fit my pc and I have a .bin of Ico and I can't figure out if psx2 even reads .bin. I googled it but all of the information is several years old.
Also I used power iso to make a virtual drive and mount the bin then configure psx2 to read from the virtual drive but no. Any help would be welcome.
I haven't use power iso in a long time, but I remember it being capable of converting .bin to .iso format...or was that magic iso...

In any case, you need more practice at googling, because I found the answer and it just so happens to be the very first link. http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-10112.html
So to clarify psx2 doesn't read .bin? And I need the iso? What about .bin to iso converters?
*.BIN format is usable on pcsx2 and no need to convert it to iso format.
one of the example is tekken tag tournament it was a bin file when i ripped it using EFP Iso CDVD 0.6.0
(11-17-2009, 06:00 AM)tallbender Wrote: [ -> ]*.BIN format is usable on pcsx2 and no need to convert it to iso format.
one of the example is tekken tag tournament it was a bin file when i ripped it using EFP Iso CDVD 0.6.0

sorry i know this is a stupid question but how do get psx2 to use the .bin file or an .iso for that matter.
Uh, use the the Linuz ISO cdvd plugin as cdvd plugin then run pcsx2 with either "run > execute" or "file > run cd/dvd" and just select the file. If you're using the latest beta you only need to do "file > run Iso image".

I suggest you read the configuration guide so you dont have to ask every little thing Tongue