..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Can't play Jak & Daxter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm a huge fan of Jak and Daxter and my PS2 broke so I've turned to emulating the game Smile I have downloaded and set up PCSX2, but when I run a game it goes straight into the 'Browser' and 'System Configuration' screen. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I'm running an:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40Ghz with 4 physical cores and I have SSSE3 enabled (it is available).

When running the game, I get ****ROM2 NOT FOUND**** and ****erom NOT FOUND**** errors, along with a Boot Error > SYSTEM.CNF not found, then it loads and the Browser screen appears.

Is there any help available?
Could you give us some info on what version you are using of pcsx2?

And is it the Jak & Daxter: Lost frontier game?
Thanks for the reply Pillus:

I'm using PCSX2 0.9.6 and it's the Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy.. Smile
Do you mind trying the latest beta?

It can be downloaded here -> http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=publicbeta

It should also always go straight into the configure screen the first time you start it to set it up.

I recommend using this guide http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2298.html to set up your emulator, if you do all these steps and still dont work, it is easier to solve your problem Smile
About two seconds before you posted I had installed the BETA :-) I followed the guide for the configuration set up and now I get isoReadBlock: loadsofnumbers > 83 and PCSX2 freezes. I changed Cdvdrom back to CDVDnull Driver and it just goes to Browser screen again. Sad
Did you rip the game yourself? Because it might be a bad rip Smile If you have the original game you can also play it directly from the cd instead of ripping it and mounting the iso.

You can also try to use the Linuz Iso dvd plugin, and mount the iso using that dvd plugin instead, then post back the results.
Pillus, I'm running the game through the real CD. I put it in the CD tray, open up PCSX2 BETA, then File -> Run CD/DVD and it goes through the nebula into Browser / System Configuration page Sad

How do I use Linuz ISO DVD plugin? It's selected, now what?

Also: if it helps, I get GetElfName: SYSTEM.CNF not found; invalid cd image or no disc present. Does this mean my game don't work full stop? I checked and SYSTEM.CNF is in the root.
You need to use a DVD reading plugin like Gigaherz CDVD or PeoPs CDVD and configure them properly according to the configuration guide
Bisotman, thanks for the reply:

do Gigaherz CDVD or PeoPs CDVD work with the BETA?
Sure they work fine
Pages: 1 2 3