..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Anyone get AA working with an ATI card?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, I know there are directions for getting hardware AA working with Nvidia cards, but I was wondering if anyone had any success with doing the same thing with ATI cards. I tried using ATI Tray Tools, but I'm not sure the forced AA is doing anything- if it is, I don't really notice any effect?

Anyone have any tips? I tried the double internal resolution method but my GPU can't handle it, and I drop to about 45fps average which is unplayable to me..
How pathetic, you must use AA only in Pcsx2 plugins! Wink

edit reason: damn i again write: i instead You aaaaaaaaaaaa!
stabwound: update to the latest PCSX2 (beta revision 1888). After doing so add the following line to the gsdx.ini file located in your ini folder...

Code:
MSAA=X

Replace the X with what level of AA you'd like to use. That is...

0 is off
2 is 2x MSAA
4 is 4x MSAA
8 is 8x MSAA

That's currently the only way to turn it on, but be advised that it can cause memory leaks.
Ooh, thanks! I'll try that out. Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with the development. Tongue
I actually downloaded the latest revision of gdsx and now I can run +2x internal resolution (depending on the game) and it works and looks awesome. Yay! Laugh
apparently the vertical black bars appear everytime MSAA is turned on when playing soul calibur iii.
necromancy is generally frowned upon in cyrodil
EDIT; Necro thread... lolz!!+^_^+
Idd, I lol'd when I seen the last post date before the necro Tongue