..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Can't get pcsx2 to work properly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi people it's my first time here,

I have downloaded all the pcsx2 plugins I could possibly find and tested a few games; I haven't played them yet because I'm waiting for my gamepad.)
these are my pc specs:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090804-1435)
Language: Dutch (Regional Setting: Dutch)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: BIOS Date: 07/28/09 13:50:19 Ver: 08.00.15
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz (4 CPUs)
Graphics Card: GeForce GTS 250
Memory: 3062MB RAM
Page File: 421MB used, 4527MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode
-------------------------------------------------------------------

my plugins:
[Image: pcsx2things.jpg]

I simply don't know what I'm doing wrong, I did everything that stood in the guides and still my framerate is low (29 at the games I've tested).
And some games (like SSX3) simply hang when they load or Jackie Chan Adventures doesn't for at all (only two seconds, then the emu fails)

could someone explain to me what I'm doing wrong ?

Thx in adv.

Bennieboj

ps: pls don't tell me that my pc can't handle this, this thing has costed enough money Smile
what graphic card have you got?
(12-04-2009, 10:45 PM)arquliz Wrote: [ -> ]what graphic card have you got?

ow, srry I forgot to add that, it's a GeForce GTS 250 *also added above*
Would be helpful if you post your settings for your CPU though.

U know like speedhacks n' stuff.
From those screenshots disable Vsync, post your other settings like jeNova- said so we can help better.
Well since I thought that the intallation of this would be quite easy I started with it in my freetime, when studying for my exams. Blush
The bad thing I can't go on that pc since my exams are starting tomorrow.
the setting of my CPU were default, I already tried to uncheck 'VU0rec' with all the games I have atm. Only because they said that it could mess up more then the VU1rec. But normally they were default.

I'll try to get that pc when I'm able to and then I'll post everything u want, this is the best I can do at the moment. I gave all the things u asked for because I still knew them.
ok the exams are over, and I hope I passed them,
I disabled Vsync, like Jenova said and all the things you asked for are in the picture I hope, the pscx2 priority is on high.

[Image: naamloosbn.jpg]
First of all why are you using GDdx v0.1.13? The latest release is 0.1.14 and is what was included in the 0.9.6 release pack, so I hope you didn't download PCSX2 from somewhere else than our site.
Recheck VU0rec, it has nothing to do with your problem. In GSdx select DX10 hardware renderer and in CPU settings set Frame Limiting to limit.
With the above settings are you still getting 30fps? That means Vsync is probably enabled on your Nvidia drivers, get in the nvidia control panel, find the vsync option and set it to off
ok I did what you said, I changed in GSdx in it Hardware renderer DX9 and in CPU I changed the frame limit to limited. I also rechecked VU0rec.

I'm getting about normal framerate on SSX3 (about 100%=60fps) but when I want the intro movie of a race should start the PCSX2 fails.

At ape escape 2, the little videos in between the game have about 20-30 fps and don't show full screens (there a re a lot of stripes through my screen) Like the vid is shown through a roster of horizontal and vertical bars (about 30bars ^^))

And jackie chan isn't working at all (or for about 3 seconds)

I also found the GDdx v0.1.14 I was still using the old version, I hadn't seen the update.

I don't see what I'm doing wrong..
What you describe are emulation problems for which you probably can't do anything about. PCSX2 has many issues related to video playback, both speed issues but mostly compatibility ones, making the emulator crash,hang or loop the videos. I suggest you check the compatibility list to see if the games you want to play are listed as playable. Some videos not working certainly don't make games unplayable Wink
P.S. I told you to set DX 10 hardware renderer not 9 Tongue
Pages: 1 2