..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Mortal Kombat Armageddon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First, I'd like to thank the creators of PCSX2. You guys have made excellent progress with this emulator - Well done, fellas.

I've searched the forum for experiences and information regarding Mortal Kombat Armageddon and came to the conclusion that this game isn't running at full speed yet. I've tweaked the emulator and plugins so that MKA runs at around 30 FPS with perfect paced audio. All I did to stop the audio from being ssslllooowww was change the audio plugin to P.E.Op.S. SPU 1.9.0.

What graphics plugin is best for this game though ? I've tried GSDX 890 0.1.14 and ZeroGS 0.97.1.

Processor: AMD Athlon 7750 Dual-Core Processor @ ~2.7GHz
Memory: 2046MB RAM @ 667mhz
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS 384MB
Wow, OK, I just tried pcsx2-r1888 and it runs MKA better. I'm now gettin' 40 - 45 FPS. The creators are definately steppin' in the right direction with this emulator. The speed increase may just be due to the new GSDX version, but the emulator itself seems to be advancing.
After playin' around with some of the new speed hacks in R1888, I'm now playing the game at 50 - 60 FPS without frame skipping. Some stages play at full speed.

If anyone wants to know how I have it configured, let me know, because, honestly, I did not think I'd get this game emulated like this with my hardware.
yes please tell me your config
Here's screenshots of the configuration..
This game doesnt really take speedhacks great, even if you get higher FPS and faster music with "VU Cycle Stealing" for example the game itself shouldnt be running faster, it's one of the disadvantages of the speedhack. I think people prefered to run this game with VUSkip which is in the stable pcsx2 0.9.6 or older betas than 1888 but not sure how effective that was either.