..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: do I need to change my graphics card?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Asus EN8800 GS HTDP 384mb Video card and wondered if this would be good enough to play all games that are playable at full speed?
That should be good enough for any PS2 game at a moderate resolution (1024x1024 at least) but not necessarily high resolutions and a few may require using native res.
I am running 2x EVGA Geforce 8800GTS's which are superclocked from the factory. Mostly every game I own, I run at 2000x2000 resolutions. The only games I can't use that resolution on due to slowdowns is the Smackdown Vs Raw series games. In those games, the fps dips to like the low 50's (which is still playable, but I like full 60Fps.) when playing with more than 2 wrestlers. Since PCSX2 does not utilize SLI technology, I am assuming that is the performance I get off of one card. My cards may be a wee bit old, but they still pack a punch. I am however saving for the next DirectX 11 based Geforce cards.
"That should be good enough for any PS2 game at a moderate resolution (1024x1024 at least) but not necessarily high resolutions and a few may require using native res."

Thanks for your reply. Just out of interest what do you think the best graphics card for the money is that can do high resolution in PCSX2?
I would say nvidia's GTS 250 or ATI HD 4850.
The Nvidia Geforce 9800GT is also a good buy as well. Keep on the look out for prices.
Geforce 9800gt / Geforce 240 gts (they're the same spec-wise, recommend to get the 240 gts model if you are stuck on this budget range)

Geforce 250 gts

Ati HD 4770 / 5750