..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Just Wondering If i can Get pcsx2 to run on my pc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright so here's what i have to work with..

64 bit Vista
AMD Athlon Neo Processor MV-40
4gb Ram
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3410

ive installed it and went through a couple config guides but idk if i doing everything right.. i also just tried discs for now Castlevania LOI and wild arms 3 both would run but slow and choppy..do iso run faster?
blehh my pc might just be ***** idk lol
sooo any ideas?! thanks ^_^
Yeah, you're PC is kinda crappy. Running from ISO really only helps on load times, usually, but you can try it to see if you get a better result.
The neo is AMD's low level line of processors... They are 2 core, but none break the 2ghz mark and PCSX2 is recommended to have a 3.2ghz dual/quad core or higher... So no, that PC will not get playable results at all based on the CPU alone, and the GPU isn't going to win any prizes either.
Hah, alot of people are probably scratching their heads that a mobile/desktop that can somehow play crysis could not even run pcsx2 at respectable speeds...
Well considering that people have managed to get the Intel GMA 950 to even load Crysis, I'd imagine it's possible but it would be incredibly hard.
(12-13-2009, 01:22 AM)mackoyski Wrote: [ -> ]Hah, alot of people are probably scratching their heads that a mobile/desktop that can somehow play crysis could not even run pcsx2 at respectable speeds...

That's at least simple, Crysis runs directly on the machine, where as the PCSX2 not only has to run the game, but an entire virtual machine between the two, a dual-core one at that.