..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 Overrides Nvidia Control Panel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed this when messing around with the settings, but i turned on the antialiasing to 16xQ on my video card through the control panel, but pcsx2 showed no difference between it being set to that and it being turned off completely. Do the settings just not take effect in pcsx2 or something? I have it set in my control panel to override any program's settings for nvidia's settings. Hell it doesn't even give off any lag indicating that its even trying to use the filter at all.
Those settings don't affect Gsdx/ZeroGS, there was a way to force Super Sampling AA on GSdx DX9 thru nhancer tho but it didnt work that well. If you want AA on Gsdx get a recent GSdx (the one in the latest PCSX2 beta will do) and in the GSdx.ini file add a line with "msaa=4" for example but take in count it is buggy and can be very slow in some cases.
(12-19-2009, 05:03 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: [ -> ]Those settings don't affect Gsdx/ZeroGS, there was a way to force Super Sampling AA on GSdx DX9 thru nhancer tho but it didnt work that well. If you want AA on Gsdx get a recent GSdx (the one in the latest PCSX2 beta will do) and in the GSdx.ini file add a line with "msaa=4" for example but take in count it is buggy and can be very slow in some cases.

I think 2199 should be a late enough version for it to work on. Thanks shadowlady. I'm just running experiments. I wanna see how far i can push this laptop with the emulator using FF12 as the benchmark. I can't play it above native resolution, otherwise i get less than 60fps in menus(outside of menu's its fine, but in menus it drops to like 30fps for some odd reason), but i'm wondering exactly how far i can take it.
Make sure you have 8-bit textures disabled. That's about the only reason you should get such slowdowns in menu.