..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: I can't use Directx 10 but my computer supports it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't get it because whenever i input the option Directx 10 hardware the beginning runs fine but after i load the game the screen turns black and my intel accelerator crashes but it recovers.

I could hear the game but no visual. It works on software with 2 threads but its a bit wonky.

Specs:

Sony Vaio VGN-NS190J/L
Intel G45M Express Chipset Family For Mobile

x86Family = Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T5800 @ 2.00GHz
CPU speed = 1.994 ghz
Cores = 2 physical [2 logical]
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 0000e39d
x86EFlags = 20100000

Features:
Detected MMX
Detected SSE
Detected SSE2
Detected SSE3
Detected SSSE3
Not Detected SSE4.1
Not Detected SSE4.2

I do however understand that my computer is a little weak, no need for pointing your fingers and laughing but i just need assistance.
what OS do you have?
what game?
what pcsx2 version?
If u have WIndowsXP you dont have dx10
Intel onboard gpus are not really supported.
There are apparently some working revisions of GSdx however, but you'll have to find them yourself.
(Forum search for "gma + gsdx" or similar)

Don't expect miracles though, no one ever tested / fixed Intel gma support.
I am using Windows 7 Ultimate
Final Fantasy 12

I am using pcsx2-r2402 but i did tried the original and it did the same thing anyways. Also tried r1888.
Intel GMA cards are not recommended, even if by some means you get it working with DX10 it will be bad and probably buggier/slower than DX9 anyway.
(12-28-2009, 02:45 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: [ -> ]Intel GMA cards are not recommended, even if by some means you get it working with DX10 it will be bad and probably buggier/slower than DX9 anyway.

Any recommendation on a specific gsdx version i should use?
Use whatever latest revision you have, should work good enough.
(12-28-2009, 03:13 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: [ -> ]Use whatever latest revision you have, should work good enough.

The revisions i have tried has missing geometry in final fantasy 12, there another thread with that same issue.
have u tried enabling logarithmic-z?
for software mode just use 1 thread..
use 2 thread and it will be slow as hellTongue
Pages: 1 2