..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Whats the difence between internal and screen rez
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I kind of confused. I have been using pcsx2 for a while and i still dont understand. Some people set their internal res very high i can see it makes the resolution much better. So then whats the point of the screen resolution i just dont get it. Also i heard that internal resolution is gpu dependant is this true?
When playing in window mode you can make the window bigger and smaller with resolution.
Internal resolution is the executing resolution of the game.
So you can play with a window on 1024x768, but internal @ 640x480 to have a big window and you get more fps.
Or you want to play in a small window, cuz you watch a movie the same time, but you cant stand the low res, so u set the resolution down and the internal resolution up and got a nice picture in a smaller window.
Shouldnt be much fps, but you can get a few by doing that. (Yeah. The resolution is GPU dependant^^)

OK. Tested it now.

Resolution @ 1024x768.

Internal @ 1024x1024 @ 98 FPS
Internal @ 800x768 @ 100 FPS
Internal @ 640x512 @ 102 FPS
Native @ 102 FPS

Test using Okami. 4 times the same scene.

So... Resolution doesn't really affect the FPS in my case.
And if you want to play @ lower res. u better pick native. The screen gets more blurrier the lower u do the resolution. This is getting fixed in native.
thanks