..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: slow performance on battery power
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi, im having a little problem with performance on my laptop while running off battery power. all games run very well on pcsx2 while connected to the ac-power adapter. i have a core i7 laptop with 6 gb of ram, nvidia gefore gt 330m, and windows7 x64. is there a way i can increase performance while on battery? thanks
No.

Seriously, you can't. At best you might be able to jump through some hoops and disable all your laptop's various porwe-saving tools and tricks, but even a lot of lappys still throttle voltages and cpu speeds under battery power, and if they don't your battery life will prolly be something hilariously short like 45 mins. Tongue2
(01-25-2010, 06:37 AM)BomarJr Wrote: [ -> ]hi, im having a little problem with performance on my laptop while running off battery power. all games run very well on pcsx2 while connected to the ac-power adapter. i have a core i7 laptop with 6 gb of ram, nvidia gefore gt 330m, and windows7 x64. is there a way i can increase performance while on battery? thanks

A laptop with those Specs is deigned to be used Primaryly on AC-Power. (As it is set to do that.) Once taken off AC-Power it will auto switch to Power saving mode and underclock itself so it makes itself power save. Not much you can do besides use it connected to AC-Power and play it on that.
ok, thank you. just wanted to know Wink