..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: It's low, but it's not that low
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got me a big ass problem ! I can't play not one single game! Why?! Well I don't know ,thats why I am asking you guys.
Of course I was excited about the hole thing, when I found out about the emulator. So I got me the best kick-ass game "Darkwatch". Configured the emulator . Run'ed the game,but coden't play it. Lagg was huge. Turns out I had about 5-10, maybe 15 fps! Witch of course you can't play a game at this rate. So I started to tweaking the settings. I read stuff on this forum etc...still the same thing. I reached the conclusion that my pc was to low. So I tryed less demanding games: SoulCalibur 2-3 , Mortal Kombat: Armageddon (wich is even more demanding then Darkwatch - btw Unsure ) Tekken 5 and thats it. Nothing worked.Same deal , very low fps. As I had mentioned above, I tryed the hole deal of settings , you name it : video, cpu, speedhack bla bla. I don't think there is anything that I had missed.
Finally I tryed some 2d fighting games. Naruto:Ultimate ninja 1-2 . King of Fighters 11, Some street fighter low edition , Marvel vs capcom 2 ...and BUMMER! Blink They dont work...I get about 15-30 fps , thats still not good enough, cuz everything is moving slow -mo .
Here's the realy scarry part. My computer configuration: Excl
AMD Athlon 3000+
Ati Radeon 9550
1 gb ram
Yes it's really low. I know, but I played Farcry and Doom 3 on maximum . And now I can't play Marvel vs campcom 2 ? It just dosen't make any sence. Glare
My question at this point is : what em' I missing ?
P.S. : I have a very strong fealing, that if I get Mario for ps2, I'l have trouble runnign that aswell.
You are missing the FAQ.

Quote:Recommended
* Windows Vista / Windows 7 32bit/64bit
* CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.2ghz or better
* GPU: 8600gt or better
* 1gb RAM (2gb if on Vista / Windows 7)

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2330.html
(02-02-2010, 05:14 PM)Cavorka Wrote: [ -> ]Here's the realy scarry part. My computer configuration: Excl
AMD Athlon 3000+
Ati Radeon 9550
1 gb ram
Yes it's really low. I know, but I played Farcry and Doom 3 on maximum . And now I can't play Marvel vs campcom 2 ? It just dosen't make any sence. Glare
My question at this point is : what em' I missing ?
P.S. : I have a very strong fealing, that if I get Mario for ps2, I'l have trouble runnign that aswell.

It's a pity, but PS2 emulation at fast speeds requires a very fast pc.
Even new, mediocre ones you buy today can be too slow yet.

With your machine from 2003, well, be happy it even starts some games Tongue2
You can remember one thing regarding emulation: The emulating system should be about 10 times faster than the emulated system. I'm not sure if this applies 100% for PCSX2, when you think about the complicated architecture of the PS2, but the direction it goes should be correct^^.
Thank you guys for your answers. Mostly to you Bright-Warrior. What you said actually makes alot of sense. Thank you for opening my eyes Blink
Well it's good-bye "trying to play ps2 on pc" for me .
I was actually thinking, to save my Soul Calibur 3 on a dvd. My intention is to buy a brand new Pc this year, it has been for a long time.
Happy a PC.........not a spaceship. So there for me saving SC 3 , would be pointless.
Come to think about it. Damn.....a PC and a PS3 console would be much more cheaper ,then a PC that can run decent new PS2 games on it.
A pc that could play pcsx2 at a good speed wouldn't be that expensive, all you'd need is something like a pentium G6950(New dual core processor based on the nehalem architecture) and a radeon 4670 with 3GB of ram and you are good to go.
but why would you build a PC just to emulate PS2? wouldn't it be better off to spend that money on a nice TV to play PS2 on? O_O

that budget dual core and 4670 won't really run PC games all that well, though.
G6950's are 2.8 ghz stock, right? Overclock it and it would be fine.
(02-03-2010, 07:44 AM)sakraycore Wrote: [ -> ]but why would you build a PC just to emulate PS2? wouldn't it be better off to spend that money on a nice TV to play PS2 on? O_O

- Way better Graphics than PS2 due to being able to raise the D3D Internal Res
- Easy access to cheats (Not necessarily bad cheats, but just fun cheats too)
- Ability to download Save Files and use them faster
- Ability to use Save States