..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Run CD/DVD vs. Run ISO Image?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there any drawback with running the ISO itself
instead of making a vertual drive?
I'm asking because after updating the cdvdGigaherz plugin i get a black screen when chosing Run CD/DVD.
What? If you have an ISO image of your game, use Linuz ISO to read it directly (no virtual drives or anything)
If you have a disc, use Gigaherz CDVD and choose your dvd rom drive letter.

I'm at a loss as to why people get constantly confused with this
Well, a lot of emulators can only read discs so i just assumed that there would be some drawbacks when running the ISO...
as a "ISO user" i wanna say that new beta-gui became less userfriendly (more clicks needed to run from iso). But it is not a big deal if you decide to leave it that way. Just wanna let you know.
Uh not really if you use it properly. It's at worse the same clicks. Not that we really care about number of clicks anyway Tongue
if i remember right:
old: click for menu, click on iso-string, doubleclick on game to run = 4 clicks
new: click for menu, move to submenu, click for browse, doubleclick on game, click for menu, click on CDDVD to run = 6 clicks + moving mouse back and forth.

two menus and submenu instead of one menu.
(02-03-2010, 02:16 PM)tohdom Wrote: [ -> ]if i remember right:
old: click for menu, click on iso-string, doubleclick on game to run = 4 clicks
new: click for menu, move to submenu, click for browse, doubleclick on game, click for menu, click on CDDVD to run = 6 clicks + moving mouse back and forth.

two menus and submenu instead of one menu.

well maybe its more clicks but u never have to browse for a game if u wanna play the same game (it saves your iso selection)
edit: what i want to ask is what is better the iso selector or the linuz iso plugin? and what is their differences.
The recent ISO list reduces the time it takes to select a game dramatically. We don't care about clicks, it's obvious the new way is faster if you use ISO images.
iakoboss7: Same thing. ISO reading plugins like Linuz ISO will be obsolete and removed in the new version.
(02-03-2010, 03:14 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]The recent ISO list reduces the time it takes to select a game dramatically. We don't care about clicks, it's obvious the new way is faster if you use ISO images.
iakoboss7: Same thing. ISO reading plugins like Linuz ISO will be obsolete and removed in the new version.

u mean 0.9.8 (for the new version)? thanks for the info Smile (and glad to know Greece has a very good moderator in a big project like this Laugh )
Yes, 0.9.8.
BTW quote is used like this : [ quote ] and to close it [ / quote ] (without the spaces Tongue)
Pages: 1 2