..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: How to play games? Im a newb so be easy on me.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, so I downloaded the newest emu. I checked and confirmed that my system requirements are all well beyond what is minimally required. Bios are a check and so are all the other config requirements I have read over on the site. Now, I try to either run by .ISO or by CD and nothing works. The emu doesn't crash, it will just go the "Red" screen and ask for a PS2 disc. Now, I know what your all going to say "Try a different game." Been there and done that. I aquired these games from various sources and they all have a valid .ISO format that Alcohol 120% recognizes and will burn to a disc. Every single one of the games does the same thing. Are there any suggestions for a newb who just wants to play Devil May Cry or Metal Gear Solid 2?
Did you configure the CD/DVD plugin?

Read the config guide for a lot of information.
Quote:I aquired these games from various sources

use gigahertz cd/DVD plugin and your original DVDs first. You may have misdumped your isos
(02-22-2010, 01:19 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I aquired these games from various sources

use gigahertz cd/DVD plugin and your original DVDs first. You may have misdumped your isos

can you show us your game disc 1st,take a photo and attach it
The Games are direct copies from my collection back in Houston. I don't have any of them here so it wouldn't do any good to take pictures and send them.
(02-22-2010, 01:40 AM)tallbender Wrote: [ -> ]can you show us your game disc 1st,take a photo and attach it

NO witch-hunting, tallbender!
Witch Hunting? Are you saying that Tallbender was implying that I acquired these games by some illegal manor? How dare you. :-)
PCSX2 0.9.6

Check the cdvd plugin, choose linuz iso, select configure, select your iso, run cd or dvd

@otherwise@

choose gigaherz, select configure, select your drive (if using alcohol or daemon), run cd or dvd

PCSX2 r1888

under menu tab, run cd or run iso
Ive actually done all that. Still no luck, thanks for the replay though. I know that it can't be the games, I have used them in the actual PS2 and they work.
maybe u can start sharing with us what configuration r u using and what version of emulator
did u try the linuz iso, by the the way did u know if u r mount it using daemon or alcohols and choosing the linuz iso is a bad idea, so start unmounting all drive and using linuz plugin
Pages: 1 2