..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: pal and ntsc game speeds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello everyone,

i have a question about gamespeeds on pal and ntsc.

pal has a 50 fps lock and ntsc has a 60 fps lock, but what if i run a ntsc game on lets say 55 fps, wil i play the pal version of that game at full speed?
because well, you know it only needs 50 fps (or am i seeing this wrong?)

thanks in advance ^^
Usually when the PAL/NTSC version is just a conversion of the other game like it's the usual case, the performance will be the same. So 55FPS being around 90% speed for NTSC would give you the same 90% speed or around 46FPS for the PAL one, there's exceptions of course specially when the NTSC or PAL version has more stuff compared to the other but generally it'd be the case with most games.
(03-01-2010, 07:55 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: [ -> ]Usually when the PAL/NTSC version is just a conversion of the other game like it's the usual case, the performance will be the same. So 55FPS being around 90% speed for NTSC would give you the same 90% speed or around 46FPS for the PAL one, there's exceptions of course specially when the NTSC or PAL version has more stuff compared to the other but generally it'd be the case with most games.

aww damn it! i was hoping for that it would be different xD
thanks for the answer ^^