..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Moving Ps2 files back and forth from pc to ps3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im playing okage shadow king, and i want to be able to play on my ps3 when im at home chillin, and then play on my comp on the go, now i alredy know how to get the file from my ps3(via usb) but when i put it into my memcards folder in pcsx2 it wont read it, I dont know if im asking alot but my goal is to be able to just swap the data from my pc to ps3 on and off, i dont mind if i have to convert or anything,
thank you for you time and considerationSmile
ps okage rulesTongue
Of course pcsx2 won't read it.
The PS3's memory card files are different from PCSX2's memory card files.
It's like trying to stick a roll of film into a digital camera.
(03-07-2010, 04:37 AM)dr_thrax Wrote: [ -> ]Of course pcsx2 won't read it.
The PS3's memory card files are different from PCSX2's memory card files.
It's like trying to stick a roll of film into a digital camera.

Yeah, obviously, im just trying to see if there is a converter or something, I mean what im trying to do doesnt seem totally unreasonable
I've never heard of a PS3 virtual PS2 memory card converter, so I can't help you there.
Maybe someone more knowledgeable in that department can help.
(03-07-2010, 05:19 AM)dr_thrax Wrote: [ -> ]I've never heard of a PS3 virtual PS2 memory card converter, so I can't help you there.
Maybe someone more knowledgeable in that department can help.

well you know the little ps2 to ps3 memory card adapter, i was thinking that if you can copy from the ps3 virtual mem card to the ps2 actual memory card that it might make the data a different format(an easier format to mess around with) and since the memocard adapter is usb i could then plop it on to my commpy yah know, but damn this is seems to be way more trouble than its worth, go figure