..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Strange God of War 2 issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, my system is moderate:

Intel Q6600 @ 2.4ghz
ATI Radeon 4870 1gb
4gb DDR2 Ram
Win7 64bit, pro.

When I load up GoW2, my FPS is a stable 35-40FPS, the only problem is that the game is in ....slow-mo. It's hard to explain but it's as if the game is moving at halfspeed. Is this just simply my computer not able to handle the emulation, or am I missing something? Here are my settings.

[Image: god1.JPG]

[Image: god2.JPG]

[Image: god3.JPG]

Any help would be appreciated.
ok first off...wich reversion are you using?

secondly overclock your cpu its really slow for pcsx2 emulation (look at recomended specs in the forums Tongue)

also try to run it in native resolution that would also help if the internal res was set to high (emulator prefers nvidea)
Running 0.9.6 and I assumed it might be my CPU speed, but why would the frames be a consistent 35-40FPS if that were the case. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense for it to be moving in slow-mo if the FPS is stable and relatively high. Also, native res doesn't fix anything unfortunately. Sad
look,anything less than 60 fps (in this game case God of war 2) will cause the game to run slow-mo,emulation is pretty different from pc games,in wich slower speeds wont be so much noticeable.Oh and btw dont use that gsdx version,use the latest one instead,wich its included on the pcsx2 latest stable release (1888) avaible for download here on the forums Tongue
It was like that when I first played it, but then I turned VU Cycle Stealing on moderate, and now it works flawlessly, fps 59 - 60Wink