..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Speed Issues in MGS3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've done a search but not found any information on this particular issue. During the game I get both slow downs and speed ups. During certain cutscenes it'll go from playing at normal speed, to slowing down (both graphics and audio), and in some cases speeding up. All of the codec sequences are atleast 1.5x speed. All actual gameplay is at normal speed.

I have tried many different graphics settings etc and all to no avail. A general compatability issue with the game or is there a fix?

Thanks for any help.
It is a very demanding game so the slowdowns are not weird to get, post your PC specs and pcsx2 settings so we can help better.

For the "speeding up" issue, make sure you set the frame limiter in CPU options to "limit".
Thanks for the reply.

Computer specs are:

Intel Quad Core Q9550 2.8Ghz
nVidia GTX 285 2GB
8GBs of RAM
Windows 7 64bit

The CPU thing you mentioned is set to Limit.

I've attatched configuration settings. They are set to that atm, but have tried all manner of different settings to try and fix the problem.
Try the latest beta, use some speedhacks, VU cycle stealing will give a big boost.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html
Thanks again. Downloaded all the betas and apart from the game looking around 10x more appealing to the eye, it fixed the codec speed problem. Still some slow down in certain scenes in the cutscenes from what I can tell, but I can live.

Thanks again for the help. Smile