..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DVD Plugin Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, I'm having problems with the CD/DVD plugins that I'm hoping you can help me rectify. I've configured PCSX2 completely, and if I set my CD/DVD plugin to null I can run my bios just fine. My goal is to be able to run games straight from my DVD drive (not a fan of ISO files); the problem is I can't get either the Gigaherz plugin or the Peops plugin to work correctly.

If I use the Gigaherz plugin, I can configure and test fine, but when I go to run games from my drive, the program will get stuck at "Opening Drive" and I'll have to ctrl-alt-delete to close it.

If I use the Peops plugin, the program will freeze when I try to configure it.

If you guys need my system specs, just say the word and I'll post them up. Please help!
You sure you pointed the Gigaherz's cdvd plugin plugin to the right drive? What pcsx2 version? What PC specs? What game?
Sounds to me like ur DVD drive is faulty and is causing all those issues. Does your DVD Drive reads the CDs or DVDs that u put in the drive? If you can post your system specs it would help us more determine twhat the problem is.
Running PCSX2 v. 0.9.6.

Specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.8 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 9800m (1GB VRAM)
4 GB DDR2 Ram
Running Windows Vista 32 Bit

Gigaherz's plugin is pointed to the correct drive. I can't configure Peops as the program locks up when I hit the configure button.

My drive is reading the DVDs I'm putting in there. I use a PS1 emulator to play some of my older games and I can use that one just fine, I can play games from my drive just fine. I know it's not the drive, I'm just having issues with the plugins. I'm trying to run a couple of games, FFX and Dynasty Warriors 4 mainly if that helps.
Use the latest beta. Get the plugins here:
http://pcsx2.net/files/21514
http://pcsx2.net/files/22789
Downloading the newest beta worked. Thanks a ton!