..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Devil may cry 3 special edition visual oddity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone, i don't know if this should be in another forum but when playing Devil may cry 3 special edition (NTSC USA) I'm getting some crazy visual oddities that are pretty distracting from the game. Here's a screen shot I took. It's a little hard to see but basicly the majority of the screen is blurry and washed out (i've noticed the right side of the screen is fine though)

[Image: gsdx20100324162806.png]

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Is there a patch for this?

I have a i5 2.66 ghz prossesor
4 gigs of ram
Nvidia GTX 275 graphics card

I'm using PCSX2 rl1888

Other games run with amazing quality on my computer and idk why Devil may cry 3 looks so odd.....

If anyone could help me that would be great
The game has various bugs with GSdx which cannot be resolved unfortunately. It looks perfect in software mode but is also extremely slow
Edit: Actually since you have an i5 you could try setting 3 threads to the software renderer, maybe you'll get acceptable FPS
I tried running in software mode and it ran at 30 fps and everything was really pixleated. I guess i'll have to wait for a fix or something I guess =/

Does the original Devil May Cry 3 game work with the emulator?
Nope, has the exact same bugs since it's the exact same engine obviously Tongue Did you set software render threads to 3 as I told you?
And yes it looks like that because it is at the same resolution the PS2 would play it, so it looks crap on your PC Tongue
oooooh I got it that makes sense. Yeah I set the render threads to 3, when inside the framerate was good but when I was outside it wasn't so good.

Hm.. thats a shame that there are so many bugs with Devil May Cry 3 Sad