..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Transfering Pcsx2 Savegames to a Ps3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I have the memcard folder from my pc and an USB stick. I am stying at my brothers and he has an old Ps3 with backwards compatibility.
I have searched the internet for any guides about converting pcsx to ps3 savegames, but all I found was this guide:

http://forums.ngemu.com/pcsx2-forum/9174...guide.html

The problem is that I do not think that this would work with the Ps3 and that I also cannot find a site to download the MCExtractor programm, so I do not get this to work.

If somebody could direct me either to a guide to do this or explain it to me it would be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
(03-29-2010, 09:09 PM)LastUnicorn Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
I have the memcard folder from my pc and an USB stick. I am stying at my brothers and he has an old Ps3 with backwards compatibility.
I have searched the internet for any guides about converting pcsx to ps3 savegames, but all I found was this guide:

http://forums.ngemu.com/pcsx2-forum/9174...guide.html

The problem is that I do not think that this would work with the Ps3 and that I also cannot find a site to download the MCExtractor programm, so I do not get this to work.

If somebody could direct me either to a guide to do this or explain it to me it would be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
I've got my PS2's savegame files sitting on a USB thumbdrive and I wanted to add them to a PCSX2 memory card, so the post you linked to helped me out. Thanks! Smile

As for your questions, the MCExtractor is attached as a .RAR file at the end of that guide. You may need to register and login to download it.

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm fairly certain you can do the PS2 side of things described in the guide on a backwards compatible PS3. You'll need a pressed retail copy of the Codebreaker 9.0 program mentioned in the guide though if you need to use that, so don't go looking on illegal download sites for it.