..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Dark Cloud 2 (FPS)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need help, Dark Cloud 2(NTSC) is only running about 30FPS on my computer and I don't know what to do with my settings to make it run at 100%.

Dell Inspiron 518
Intel Core2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHz[/font]
3.00 GB
32-bit Operating System.
ATI Radeon HD5700 Series

Current Settings:
Graphics
1024x768 60Hz
Direct3D11 (Hardware)
Interlacing[None]
Aspect Ratio[4:3]
D3D internal res [800] [600] (Grayed Out) [x] Native
SW rend. threads[1] (Grayed Out)
Texture filtering [x] (Grayed Out)
Allow 8-bit textures [x]
Logarithmic Z [x] (Grayed Out)
Alpha correction [x] (Grayed Out)
Windowed [x] (Grayed Out)
Cpu Config
[x] EERec - EE/IOP recompiler
[x] VU0rec
[x] VU1rec
[x] microVU0
[x] microVU1
[x] Multi threaded GS mode (MTGS)

Limit Frame Limiting
Custom FPS [60]

Speed Hacks
[x] x2 Cycle Rate
[x] INTC Sync Hack
[x] Enable IOP x2 Cycle Rate
[x] Status Flag Hack

Advanced
EE Recs Options
Chop/Zero
Normal
Flush to Zero [x] Denormals are Zero [x]
VU Recs Options
Chop/Zero
Normal
Flush to Zero [x] Denormals are Zero [x]

Everything not included is at defaults/not altered.
no hope for 2.3ghz.run it at 3.2ghz
If anything try using the "VU cycle stealing" hack and disabling microVU. I don't think there's much more you can do.
Is there any way i can see my pc specs? I'm thinking of playing Dark Cloud on my pc aswell and i'd like to know if it would run here too Tongue
Try Start>run>dxdiag. That will give you basic info about your processor and memory, as well as some minimal GPU info. I like the program CPU-Z for more indepth info.
Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E6300 @ 2.80Ghz (2CPUs),~2.8 GHz
Memory: 2046MB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series.

Is it capable? Will i be able to play any PS2 Rom with this at all? :\
If you run a low resolution rig. More processor is needed to bump the frames up (ie. more than 3.0Ghz) for now. If PCSX2 is running on a very large monitor like 1920x1280 or larger then you would need a 9800gt or 4850. IMHO the graphics card helps but so far does not make the flawless game experience. Intel core 2 duo high freq. or an AMD over clocked to the limits will make decent frame rates. Intel FTW because this emulator is optimised for it.
LEVEL 5's games work better without fullscreen with directx 10. Last directx 11 doesn't work well with games like dark cloud 2 or rogue galaxy.
If you set to fullscreen the game suffers many slowdown . ah, don't use CUBIC in audio plugin.
I've tried it and yeah, i can play it, altho i do suffer a bit of bad fps (the game runs a bit slowly)

What are the options i should choose to increase performance to the maximum possible?
Anyone? :\