..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: unhandled exception
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know there have been quite a few forum posts like this, but for some reason they either are not answered or they are not directly related to the situation I have been having.

Anyways, I downloaded PCSX2 0.9.6 and installed it and had the game give me an after configuring plugins. I read that the issue might be a bug that was fixed in the latest beta, so I grabbed the beta and had the same issue. The EmuLog is included.

Code:
PCSX2 beta (r1888) - compiled on Sep 20 2009
Savestate version: 8b410001
x86Init:
    CPU vendor name =  GenuineIntel
    FamilyID  =  6
    x86Family =  Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU          6600  @ 2.40GHz
    CPU speed =  2.393 ghz
    Cores     =  2 physical [2 logical]
    x86PType  =  Standard OEM
    x86Flags  =  bfebfbff 0000e3bd
    x86EFlags =  20100000

Features:
    Detected MMX
    Detected SSE
    Detected SSE2
    Detected SSE3
    Detected SSSE3
    Not Detected SSE4.1
    Not Detected SSE4.2

Loading plugins...
An unhandled or unrecoverable exception occurred, with the message:

%s

Pcsx2 will now close.  More details may be available via the emuLog.txt file.

I'm running Windows 7 x64, have an NVidia Geforce 8800 GTS, an Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 gigs RAM.

Just to make sure I provide enough info, I've attached details from my dxdiag. A little overkill, I know, but I figured too much information is better than none.
It seems like a plugin failure, do you use the lastest plugins? http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Bet...1#pid48781
What plugins you use?

(03-08-2009, 11:11 PM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]I don't use vista but I don't think having in means you don't need to update your DirectX.GSdx requires to have d3dx9_40.dll for DX9 and d3dx10_40.dll for DX10 in your C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder(they are placed there when you install the newest DX)
Do you have them there?
Also try updating your drivers and directx.