..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Final Fantasy XII FPS question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
hey everyone!
im actually not new here, im a lurker tho, and i thought id make a thread because ive been having a problem with FFXII's FPS. i have searched for other posts with the same problem, and they didnt help me much. i thought it'd be better if i post my own setting so as to make the problem get solved faster ^^

so the problem is, the pre-rendered CG cutscenes work fine, but the real-time ones are just so laggy, FPS ranging from 30-50%. In game graphics are having a slowdown too. FPS are 40-70%, but when the there are too many elements (let's say were in the city with large detailed building with many people), it slows down... Sad

here are my pc specs:

Inter Core 2 Duo, 2.33 Ghz
2 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT, 1015 MB memory

PCSX2 Settings:

(pls see the attachments)

i hope someone would be able to help me out...thanks in advance Smile

oh btw im using the latest beta...and latest plugins (i guess ^^Wink

thanks then
Try using "Frame Limiting>Limit" intead of "Normal", that helped me a little.
It might also help your read speed by making an ISO of the disk and virtually mounting it. (if you don't know how, Google + how to make an ISO/how to mount an ISO. recommend PowerISO/MagicISO)
Your specs are a little lower, so not having an 8600+ or 4GB+ RAM is hurting you.
Even running an 8800GT, 4GB, and 3.0GHz Core 2 Duo will lag me down to 30~40fps in really crowded areas and during some real-time cut scenes. It runs ~80fps in open areas where you will spend most of your time though.
Quote:NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT, 1015 MB memory

This is what's killing your performance, check 'native' in GSdx to take the load off the GPU and maybe uncheck 8 bit textures(check if your FPS go up with this off, else keep it on). Yes the game will look crap (just like on the PS2) but your graphics card just can't take the load of a higher resolution
Get a 9600gt or better and try to overclock your cpu to the 3.0ghz area.
thanks a lot abt that....the graphics card is primitive huh, i tried checking Native in the Graphics settings and it greatly improved the gameplay speeds. but real-times cutscenes are still a bit slow. are there any tips you could give to make it even a bit faster? or is it hopeless?

thanks again Smile
Theres not a whole lot you can do. First get the latest plugin pack which contains gsdx 0.1.16 and then try enabeling speedhacks one by one and see if that gets you some fps.
pacage from march 2010 WILL help you a lot,no matter at slow grafic card.
(04-17-2010, 10:08 AM)GamerGeek Wrote: [ -> ][...]
First get the latest plugin pack which contains gsdx 0.1.16 and then try enabeling speedhacks one by one and see if that gets you some fps.

This, and you could set the "Clamping Mode" to "None" (both). But this might also break something, so be aware of this. If it does, just set it back to "Normal".
Can anyone tell me what should i do after i had installed Final Fantasy XII
...XD
what do you mean by installing the game?! o_O
Pages: 1 2 3