..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: good computer bad quality?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everybody
i installed pcsx2 0.9.6 on my computer and i tried all options but games are always slow like 25fps
i have a laptop and hardware list is
Intel I7 720QM 1.6 Ghz
Ati Radeon HD 4650
4 GB DDR3 Ram
320GB hard disk
windows7 home premium 64Bit
i attached a image for show my options
please help me why i cant get faster results?Sad

Thanks
Try beta 1888 with the latest plugin pack.
Also try experimenting with some speed hacks.
probably becuz processor speed is only 1.6GHz. you need at least 3.0GHz to get full speed w/o speedhacks.
(04-18-2010, 09:47 PM)dr_thrax Wrote: [ -> ]Try beta 1888 with the latest plugin pack.
Also try experimenting with some speed hacks.

i tried also 1888 with speed hacks but its just rised to 35 fps Sad
(04-18-2010, 10:22 PM)sakraycore Wrote: [ -> ]probably becuz processor speed is only 1.6GHz. you need at least 3.0GHz to get full speed w/o speedhacks.

but my processor has 8 cells so its not just 1.6 ghz i can play full hi resulation of COD6
i dont think that problem is my processor
Yes it is your processor. PCSX2 uses only two cores. You need 2 cores working at a frequency of 3ghz or + to get decent speed. In your case all cores are working at 1.6ghz, and only two are being used by Pcsx2. Two cores at 1.6ghz is too low for Pcsx2.
Try the lastest plugins. It also depend on what game are you trying to play.
Anyway, with only 1.6 GHz you won't get a great performance.
Try disabling antivirus and all the other applications.
Yeah, seriously slow cpu there.
(04-18-2010, 11:00 PM)Gentleman Wrote: [ -> ]PCSX2 uses only two cores. You need 2 cores working at a frequency of 3ghz or + to get decent speed.

That is half-true, i have an i5 750 processor @ (only) 2.67ghz and all the games i've tried have an almost stable 60/60 fps
Quote:That is half-true, i have an i5 750 processor @ (only) 2.67ghz and all the games i've tried have an almost stable 60/60 fps

Open up CPU-Z when PCSX2 is running and see what the frequency is actually at. My money's on 3.0GHz.
yeah ive read that the minimum to run pcsx smooth is 2,5ghz dualcore. but i dunno i dont have to much experince with pcsx, can only tell from what ive read.
Pages: 1 2