..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: good time to do the UI translation?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I would like to do the translation for the UI of the current SVN trunk version, however I didn't see any .po or .pot files in the SVN trunk yet (ie. no translations/templates have been made).

Not sure if it's currently a good time to generate the .pot file myself and do the translation. Just asking so that I won't have my time wasted Smile

Thanks

--
EDIT:
btw, where should I place the compiled .mo file, and what's the filename I should use?
putting the .mo file into /Langs/zh_CN like previous versions doesn't seem to be effective.
I dont think UI Translations are needed at this time....am i wrong? Laugh
It is actually not a good time, indeed.
And I can't even tell you when it'll be.

Thanks for the offer though Smile
We will have a public official release of 0.9.7 in a few weeks (hopefully) -- and that's when we'll be ready for translation help.

Translations will then be packaged with 0.9.8. Smile
Hehe.. Pcsx2 is making so much advance, I'm seriously thinking in upgrade my Gpu instead of buying PS3 games Smile
*bump*
now as 0.9.7 beta is released - should I do it now? Smile
.pot template file still can't be found in the svn.
Not... quite... yet. I'm very close to having it ready for translation work, though.

I did one stage of reviewing messages earlier today. I'd like to do one more, and then prep the pot and the Wiki guide for doing translations.