..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Low FPS on emulator, Fast Computer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Specs@
-Win7 64 Bit
-AMD Phenom IIx3 720 BE @3.2ghz
-Sapphire Radeon 5770 @ 960/1260
-2x2gb OCZ Reapers @ Stock
-WD Caviar Blue 64GB Hard Disc Drive

So why is my fps randomly dipping to 30-40 at times while playing persona 3? I haven't tested with other games yet.
What version are you using? Try and use speed hacks since persona 3-4 are very demanding games. Get the latest 0.9.6 build 1888 first and the march 2010 plugins. Use search. Try it also on 0.9.7 svns could help but you'll get no support here.

Im using 0.9.7 2661 with speedhacks and getting 50-60fps running on my rig (see my signature)
What PCSX2 version? What settings? Running from disc or ISO?
Quote:Try and use speed hacks since persona 3-4 are very demanding games.
not so much. His rig should handle this quite easily.
yeah, i remember running P3/4 at 50-60fps a year ago on XP with a Q6400 non-overclocked.

Edit: Well, with the september beta iirc
There are scenes in the Persona games in battles that run very slow, he must be meaning those.
As suggested, try the latest beta plugins and emulator. Also make sure to have vsync off.
Since this thread is "fairly" new I won't be making a new one but give just a quick bump on it Tongue Don't shoot me!

Anyways, I have the same issue as the OP, my rig is slightly different:

Win 7 64
AMD Phenom II x4 @ 3.2ghz
nVidia 9800GT (stock)
4gb RAM (stock)

I've been having slight FPS slowdowns in some battles (when there's plenty of enemies in the screen), my fps usually goes down to 51-52 from 60. You notice the slowdown when the music starts stuttering a bit. It usually happens when it's the hero's turn when the camera is showing all the enemies. There are also other angles (i.e when any of the party members attacks) that shows all or most of the monsters and strangely...it doesn't lag.

Could the lag come from the battle menu? Since it always happens when it's the hero's turn. I also noticed that it happened more frequently in The Journey, maybe because The Answer is a "toned down" version from the main game, heh I don't know.

I'm using the beta 1888, with the newest plugins. Vsync is forced off on my GPU.

Anyone got any ideas? Smile
Make sure you have 8-bit textures turned off in the graphics plugin as that could be causing the problem if it's the menu that leads to slowdowns.
(05-04-2010, 07:57 AM)Koji Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you have 8-bit textures turned off in the graphics plugin as that could be causing the problem if it's the menu that leads to slowdowns.

Tried that...still having the slowdowns Sad
i finished P3 FES on my pc , which isnt really suit to emulate the ps2 xD
AMD Athlon X2 7750 BE 3,1ghz overclocked,
2 2x 800mhz ram
and an onboard gt8100 xD
i got only lags , if there where these shiny or gold/silver shadows or are a lot of people or shadows at the same time.
the most battles were fine and it runned worked with 60 fps xD
the fights against the guardians and the bosses were too much for my computer xD
even with some speedhacks sometime i had only 20-40 fps (on "normal" bosses ussually 40 fps but against that white or shiny things 20..... )
i didnt hat the lag with the battlemenu , only when there are a lot of monsters
compared to my system is your system a lot better Biggrin
Pages: 1 2