..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Final Fantasy X pre-rendered video scene glitch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, new here and to the PS2 emulation scene.

I am trying to run FF X, but after starting a new game, when it gets to the first pre-rendered scene, all I get is a garbled mess and a few half comprehensible frames. No audio, and the rest of the game (as far as I know) works fine.

Anyone else encounter this? Know how to fix it?
If you don't give any info (pc specs, plugins settings, screenshots, etc...) we can't help.
Terribly sorry, here are my specs:

Core 2 Duo @ 2.66 and 2.66
Nvidia 8600 GT
3 Gigs of ram
Windows 7 Home Premium

Im using the Zero GS Kosmos graphics plugin version 0.95.2 and the P.E.Op.S SPU2 Dsound sound driver version 1.4.o

I have the FFX graphic hack on while playing, interlacing is on, Bilinear filtering is on, anit-aliasing is at 4x and window size is at 1280 by 960.

In CPU config, EERec is on, both VU Recompilers are on, MGTS is on, and dual core mode is on.

I will have a screen show tomorrow, I cant access my normal computer right now.

I also have the patch active that fixes the intro video glitch (I think)

Any of that help?
Put clamp mode in advanced to extra and perserve sign
Quote:Im using the Zero GS Kosmos graphics plugin version 0.95.2 and the P.E.Op.S SPU2 Dsound sound driver version 1.4.o

Some ancient plugins you have there, are you sure you use the latest 0.9.6 release of PCSX2 from our site?
In any case, switch to the 1888 beta of PCSX2 (since it will fix some problems with the game later) and the March 11 plugin pack from here: http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=publicbeta
Then, use GSdx (set it to DX10 hardware renderer) instead of ZeroGS and SPU2-X instead of Peops SPU2
Whoops, I'm using 9.1! How did that happen? I will re-download the latest version and get back to you.

EDIT:
Ok, got the new version installed, and nothing runs at all. I used GSdx set to direct 3d 10, and used PSU2-X for sound. What is going on? Direct X is up to date, I am pretty sure that is not the problem.

EDIT number 2:
Ok, I got it to run, I had to switch the Cdrom plugin to Linuiz ISO. Testing to see if the video is fixed...

EDIT number 3:
OK! Video runs fine. Thanks for the help guys. You're awesome!