..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Need to upgrade pc for pcsx2 any help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am getting a dual core E5400 and my mobo is XFX G31i that means its DDR2 so I wanna ask if Gtx 250 gddr3 will work on it?Really i dont know the difference between the mobo's memory and card's memory ..........Any help would be appreciated?Thanks in advance RolleyesRolleyes
The system memory (RAM) has no relation with GPU VRAM, so you won't have any compatibility problems
Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much Bositman I need to ask one thing more that will E5400 be enough to handle pcsx2?
At 2,7 Ghz, it will be enough for some games but won't do for others. If you manage to overclock it to about 3,2 Ghz it should be fine
(05-06-2010, 09:08 AM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]At 2,7 Ghz, it will be enough for some games but won't do for others. If you manage to overclock it to about 3,2 Ghz it should be fine

OK thank you againLaugh and one more final thing Since I will have to OC it to 3,2Ghz it wont burn down right?And would I need any state of the art cooling system or just a normal one will do?Sorry for being so persistent Tongue
I'd recommend using an aftermarket cooler, one that costs about 40$ would do the job perfectly. If you haven't overclocked before, keep in mind it can be dangerous and it can fry your processor, if done (very) wrongly. Thankfully there are dozens of guides on the net to help you there, so if you have the time and will (some brain required too Tongue) you won't have any trouble in overclocking.
Actualy you could move it a 300 Mhz with stock cooling,but if you don't think it's expensive you can buy water cooling. Smile But more important you need to be sure that chipset on motherboard supports overcloacking,and you must use the same tipe of ram if there are more slots for ram (the same manufacturer).
Thx manLaugh I believe this thread should be closed now
EDIT:I dont know how to close it.Laugh all you want at me Smile
Plzz rate this thread if it's helpful
(05-06-2010, 10:05 AM)Speedy42 Wrote: [ -> ]Plzz rate this thread if it's helpful

Helpful ? It's helpful to the users who are experiencing the problems Laugh
Pages: 1 2 3