..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: AVX support?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are there any plans for PCSX2 to support the up-coming AVX instructions? It seems like there's formidable FPU gains to be had for the next generation of x86-64 cpus which could give a healthy speed up to the VU recompilers.

I apologize if this has been answered before (a search turned up nothing).
is AVX will came from intel??? if it is then it is likely possible to implemented it.
(05-15-2010, 11:56 PM)tallbender Wrote: [ -> ]is AVX will came from intel??? if it is then it is likely possible to implemented it.
It looks like both Intel and AMD will support AVX in their new CPUs; ie Sandy Bridge (Intel) & Bulldozer (AMD).
I, too, am curious as to whether or not PCSX2 can benefit from the usage of AVX, and would love to read the thoughts about this from the developers.

However, I can't seem to find any firm release dates for the new CPUs that will have AVX, so i think it's safe to assume none have been made physically available to the PCSX2 developers yet.
So, i guess they'll only be able to theorize about it at this point, based on documents and press releases and stuff. Biggrin