..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Question about running FFX and confiquration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
First things first, thank you developers for creating this amazing program.

Now on to business.

Here are my computer specs
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/56117-...ility-5870

this link is to my computer, with the exact specs, you can tell me if these are fairly good for running this program and FFX.

Now on to the program itself, i have the PCSX2 0.9.6

now I just re downloaded the program because it started slowing down insanely, like to 23 fps.

I had it running at 50-60 FPS during gameplay, but stupid me, I changed it, and now can't get it to speed up again.

Can someone help me by posting exactly what plugins and settings i can use to maximise FPS, without having unbearable audio
download and install those:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Bet...ember-2009

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Bet...March-2010
be sure to use the latest versions in the configuration.
also with the pc u have this should be an easy game to play at even very high resolutions and without speedhacks. u can also try the latest svn builds if u got any problem but if u do we can help u fix any problem with those.

thats how your spu2-x should be:
[attachment=23647]

u should also use the gsdx sse4.1
[attachment=23648]
the scaler can be anywhere around x3-x5 because your gpu is very powerful, as for the allow 8 bit textures try with it on and off and see what is best.
in advanced options u should put both clamp modes to NONE (its a speed up in many games but lowers compatibility so if u cant play any game put it to normal again)
with the new beta and those options it will be sure u have great speed sound and image quality.
I´ve a lot of problems with FFX too.

My computer:

Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 GHZ
8GB DDR2 800
Win 7 64 bits
VGA XFX Geforce 8800 GTS 640Mb / 320-bit
I emule the game image in Daemon Tools.
The newest PSCX´s version.

Ive played for 7 hours the game and its all ok. A little time the game got errors with a little textures, but its ok, just small parts and it always came ok again.

But when you come to Luca and the movie starts, I cant see nothing at the screen, just a lot of colors....

I changed the graphics configuration, but all the game starts to fail textures.

I´ve installed again the PSCX2 but it haven´t fixed =(

And after this, the PSCX2 crashs a lot and closes =/

In some times when i hit esc to save stat, the PSCXZ screen doesn´t open, just the console, and i´ve to close PSCX and open it again.

What could i do to fix it, please?

Sorry for my bad english...
dont use daemon tools or anything like that. just open the iso with the emulator. when there is the scene with the crazy colors press F9 and it will be ok. press it again after the scene finish. also read and do everything i said in my other post. (except the scaler cause your gpu is not that good an x2 should be ok)
kk, so i set it up like you had said, and the opening sequence is still only running at 43%, but i was at 89 when i had it running good. I have the iso mounted to a virtual drive because I can't take the CD with me everywhere, and am running with the RUN CD/DVD option in file

Also the plugin im using to run the mounted image is cdvdGigaherz (r2361) 0.8.0, if that makes a difference
(05-21-2010, 07:46 PM)iakoboss7 Wrote: [ -> ]dont use daemon tools or anything like that. just open the iso with the emulator. when there is the scene with the crazy colors press F9 and it will be ok. press it again after the scene finish. also read and do everything i said in my other post. (except the scaler cause your gpu is not that good an x2 should be ok)

i´ll try when i get home.
Thx !!!
(05-21-2010, 08:21 PM)ShanerMcbrainer Wrote: [ -> ]kk, so i set it up like you had said, and the opening sequence is still only running at 43%, but i was at 89 when i had it running good. I have the iso mounted to a virtual drive because I can't take the CD with me everywhere, and am running with the RUN CD/DVD option in file

Also the plugin im using to run the mounted image is cdvdGigaherz (r2361) 0.8.0, if that makes a difference

i told u dont use daemon tools....
dont use anything like that... open pcsx2 and go to the "run iso image...) option. then find your iso and open it...
(05-21-2010, 08:43 PM)iakoboss7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-21-2010, 08:21 PM)ShanerMcbrainer Wrote: [ -> ]kk, so i set it up like you had said, and the opening sequence is still only running at 43%, but i was at 89 when i had it running good. I have the iso mounted to a virtual drive because I can't take the CD with me everywhere, and am running with the RUN CD/DVD option in file

i told u dont use daemon tools....
dont use anything like that... open pcsx2 and go to the "run iso image...) option. then find your iso and open it...
And make sure the iso is unmounted before you try to open it through pcsx2.
Sorry, I didn't see the post above me, I unmounted the image and now it runs, but the opening sequence is still only at 30FPS, 50% and 30% of CPU usage
(05-21-2010, 08:47 PM)ShanerMcbrainer Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, I didn't see the post above me, I unmounted the image and now it runs, but the opening sequence is still only at 30FPS, 50% and 30% of CPU usage

What is the clock speed of your cpu and are you using any speed hacks?
Pages: 1 2 3