..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: URGENT HELP PLS!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Am havin a hard time configuring my emulator 0.96 to work on my laptop with the following information.

Windows Experience Index (Windows Vista Ratings)
System score 3.70
Memory score 5.60
CPU score 4.70
CPU SubAgg score 4.60
Video encoding score 4.90
Graphics score 3.70
Gaming score 4.20
Hard Disks score 5.30

Processor
Processor name AMD Athlon Dual-Core QL-60
Processor speed 1900
Processor vendor AuthenticAMD
Processor count (cores) 2
Processor ID x86 Family 17 Model 3 Stepping 1

Other info
RAM size 4.00 GB
DirectX version 4.09.00.0904
HDD - Windows partition 205 GB
HDD - Largest disk 320 GB
Video RAM 256 MB
Windows version Windows Vista (6.0.6002)
Regional settings English United States
Windows language English United States
Last check for driver updates May 23 2010 1:31PM

Computer
1. Computer name
Description AT/AT COMPATIBLE
Model HP G60 Notebook PC
Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
No. of physical processors 1
OEM string $HP$|ABS 72/73 F9 FA FB FC|LOC#ABC
System type X86-based PC
Total physical memory 2.75 GB
Infrared supported False

System enclosure
1. Chassis type Notebook
Manufacturer Wistron

System product
1. Name HP G60 Notebook PC
Caption Computer System Product
Vendor Hewlett-Packard
Identifying number 2CE8403SBC
Version F.24

Desktop monitor
1. Name Generic PnP Monitor
Manufacturer (Standard monitor types)
Screen height 768
Screen width 1024
Availability Running or Full Power

Bios
1. Name PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Release 6.1
Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
Version DELL - 6040000
PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Release 6.1
Ver 1.00PARTTBL-
Release date Sep 03 2008
SMBIOSBIOSVersion F.24
SMBIOSMajorVersion 2
SMBIOSMinorVersion 4
Bios features ISA is supported
PCI is supported
PC Card (PCMCIA) is supported
Plug and Play is supported
APM is supported
BIOS is Upgradable (Flash)
BIOS shadowing is allowed
ESCD support is available
Boot from CD is supported
ACPI is supported
USB Legacy is supported
AGP is supported

Base board
1. Name Base Board
Manufacturer Wistron
Product 303C
Version 08.40
Is hosting board True

Processor
1. Name AMD Athlon Dual-Core QL-60
Caption x64 Family 17 Model 3 Stepping 1
L2 cache size 1.00 KB
Manufacturer AuthenticAMD
Processor ID 178BFBFF00200F31
Address width 32

Disk drive
1. Caption TOSHIBA MK3252GSX ATA Device
Description Disk drive
Capabilities Random Access
Supports Writing
Manufacturer (Standard disk drives)
Model TOSHIBA MK3252GSX ATA Device
Size 320 GB

Battery
1. Name Primary
Caption Internal Battery
Chemistry Lithium-ion

Display configuration
1. Caption NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G

Video controller
1. Name NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G
Adapter RAM 256.00 MB
Video processor GeForce 8200M G
Availability Running or Full Power

Physical memory
1. Capacity 2.00 GB
Speed 667 nanoseconds

2. Capacity 2.00 GB
Speed 667 nanoseconds

OnBoard devices
1. Description 256
Device type Video

Sound device
1. Name Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221

2. Name NVIDIA High Definition Audio

Operating system
1. Caption Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
Build number 6002
Build type Multiprocessor Free
Encryption level 256
Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
C:\Windows
\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1
OS architecture 32-bit

PLS ANYBODY HELP ME!WackoWackoWacko
No one can help you. You never described any kind of problem (except for 'having a hard time', which tells us nothing). You never mentioned plugins used, settings used, game used or anything useful.
wow that was lots of information!!! but you didnt say what problems you have with configuring the emulator.

also try installing those 2 first and then tell us about the problem you have if you will have any...

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Bet...ember-2009

and next that one (and be sure to read the .txt file and follow it) and when you do it then configure the emulator by using the highest version of everything. it must be exactly like this:
[attachment=23673]

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Bet...March-2010

also update your direct X files.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en

after those if you have any problems post again but also mention the problems this time....
what game???

don't expect good 3D-game speeds on AMD laptops....especially don't even run on batteries.
Let's say the configuration you wanted is great for most games. First use the latest beta as they said.

1. Graphics plugin use GSdx SSE2, use native resolution. Since you are using AMD with very low clockspeed. (SSE2 because you are AMD and native because your clockspeed, i say)
2. Sound plugin use SPU-X 1.4.0 , with the setting for interpolation, choose No Interpolation.
3. Controller use Lilypad, config it by yourself
4. CDDVDROM, if you are using disc to play, choose cdvdGigaherz, but if you use ISO or image file to run your game, choose Linuz ISO

And then leave the others plugin to default.

And if you experienced slowdown, you can try experimenting with speedhacks in Config -> Speedhacks, try to move the VU Cycle Stealing.

I've got more detailed information. I'll tell you if you experienced further problems.
Those should help a lot.
Sorry guys, I guess I was overwhelmed at my problems. These are the following error reports I get on opening the emulator:
1. Pcsx2 needs to be configured.
2. Could not load GS Plugins 'plugins':<NULL>

And when I try to run d CD/DVD Game I get this message report:
3. Failed loading memory card from file: memcards\Mcd001.ps2 and memcards\Mcd002.ps2
4. Error loading CDVD plugin.

Guys I hope this helps, and thanks for showin some concern, I really appreciate.
Read the FAQ and especially the part about error creating memcards/settings not saved
(05-23-2010, 01:27 PM)Drdanskills Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry guys, I guess I was overwhelmed at my problems. These are the following error reports I get on opening the emulator:
1. Pcsx2 needs to be configured.
2. Could not load GS Plugins 'plugins':

And when I try to run d CD/DVD Game I get this message report:
3. Failed loading memory card from file: memcards\Mcd001.ps2 and memcards\Mcd002.ps2
4. Error loading CDVD plugin.

Guys I hope this helps, and thanks for showin some concern, I really appreciate.

Always run pcsx2 with as administrator. If you don't want to do this, move your pcsx2 (don't forget to backup your bios) to my documents.
Did you download the official one (the emulator+plugins) ? . What plugins you used when those error message occured ? Screenshots will help. And for memcards that can occur if you haven't select the memcard file in pcsx2 folder which you must select it via config -> memcards . And browse your memcard file inside the pcsx2 folder.

edit: try not to mix the plugins from svn version with the official one. as that error msg which stated Error opening GS_plugin may occur
(05-23-2010, 12:46 PM)iakoboss7 Wrote: [ -> ]wow that was lots of information!!! but you didnt say what problems you have with configuring the emulator.

also try installing those 2 first and then tell us about the problem you have if you will have any...

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Bet...ember-2009

and next that one (and be sure to read the .txt file and follow it) and when you do it then configure the emulator by using the highest version of everything. it must be exactly like this:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Bet...March-2010

also update your direct X files.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en

after those if you have any problems post again but also mention the problems this time....

It seems the plugins i downloaded is not upto wat u recommended. So how do i upgrade my plugins or download a fresh one? Thanks for ur concern.
First, update your DirectX (Yeah I know you got directx10 ) but still you [b]MUST[/b[ update the libraries by following the Microsoft's link as stated above. Second, Download the latest beta from here (which stated the r1888 and plugins as march 11 2010). Third, install, run pcsx2 as administrator .Next, config it using my way Tongue . Look at what I posted regarding the graphics,sound,etc at above.

edit: try to download the beta r1888+plugins and plugins as 11 march 2010. As there will be some plugins that are missing if you didn't download the r1888 with plugins package. My instinct told me so.

edit 2: I recommend you use the Linuz ISO and make an ISO out from your PS2 disc, because that will be much better , why ? most of use got our disc in scratches, etc. The scratch could slow the gameplay in emulation.
Pages: 1 2