..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Progressive mode by triangle+X?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've heard here and there that you can get a game to run in progressive scan mode by holding Triangle and X when a game starts. Some will display fine, others won't. This implies that all games can run in progressive scan mode, just some won't display correctly.

Well, try as I might, I've held these 2 buttons during the start of the game and never does it say anything about progressive scan mode. I've even held triangle and O, O and X, etc. Nothing. Am I doing something wrong or do I have some bad information?
Which game?
Not many games support progressive scan.

In fact check this list and see if your game supports it or not:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PS2...HD_support
Legaia 2: Duel Saga. It appears as though it doesn't. I looked it up from hdgames.net and it said "Doesn't support 480p or 16:9... Game still looks alright though, and the primitive models should look pretty clear on any television set."

I was thinking it would put it in progressive but just not display correctly. Oh well. Thanks for the answer.
i have a different question about this, if you enable progressive mode with this method will the image quality get better or worse? or will the fps increase or go down? or stay where they where?
I tried it in Tekken5 and got FPS increase(about 8-10 FPS) also Graphics are way better now
(05-25-2010, 08:25 AM)iakoboss7 Wrote: [ -> ]i have a different question about this, if you enable progressive mode with this method will the image quality get better or worse? or will the fps increase or go down? or stay where they where?

If you're asking me, I don't know because I can't get it to enable progressive mode.
you must run it on an svn and only at "run cdvd (full)" so i guess not many can answer this but still it worth's it, specially if things are like speedy42 said, because when 0.9.7 comes out we will know if progressive is good or not Wink , but i would still want more opinions on different games and different users.

also you must press triangle and X just when the ps2 logo comes out and keep it pressed until the option to enable it comes out. more info in the link shadow lady posted and more games that support it here (change what console to show and sort them at 480p) http://hdgames.net/
Tried with god of war and Suikoden 4, both mode appear to be the same graphicaly under windowed mode 640x480 and native resolution, and I can't feel the speed difference. Or is there a better way to test it?

Tried with Shadow of the Colossus, pretty much the same.

I guess it is not going to show the graphical difference using monitor.
(05-25-2010, 09:09 AM)iakoboss7 Wrote: [ -> ]you must run it on an svn and only at "run cdvd (full)" so i guess not many can answer this but still it worth's it, specially if things are like speedy42 said, because when 0.9.7 comes out we will know if progressive is good or not ;) , but i would still want more opinions on different games and different users.

Uh... what? :P

You can run it without a bios boot just fine just, press the buttons when the game starts loading before it shows any screens.

Yeah it's usually better because with interlaced display you basically get half the height resolution but you can just change that manually. Tekken 5 seems better with it but it creates extra glitches in some stages and besides I think the PAL one doesn't have the progressive scan option :P

Oh and some games could get lower speeds.
you should use a bigger window (cause 480p is bigger than 480i) and maybe there you could see any difference but i dont know anything else on how you can actually test it better

thanks shadow lady i dint knew you can enable it in 1888 also.

so its better in quality if you use a native ps2 res but not if you use a higher one? (like x2 or x3)

so it generally worths it? or depends on the game actually?
Pages: 1 2 3