..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Gamepad problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've searched. So don't tell me that's the solution. I only post when I'm at my wits end. So here we go...

I have a Logitech Rumblepad 2. The corded variety. I've used it fine with PCSX2 in the past. Today, it works okay, get the buttons (lilypad, btw) all configured, good, move on the the rumble function and... Hey, it's greyed out. Fine. Go download the damned Logitech drivers (win7, x64 version).

...okay, installed that crap. Wait, no start menu shortcuts or anything? Weird. Oh, well, go run the damned thing the hard way....

"Logitech profiler was unable to detect any controllers."

What? Ugh. Okay, different USB port maybe? Same thing... Run as admin? No...

So... I can play my game... But no rumble. which is kinda half the point of having a RUMBLEpad. Anyone got any bright ideas? Hell, any dim ones? I'll take what I can get...
Sounds like a logitech driver problem. Did you get rumble to work with any other game/application besides PCSX2? Because if not, this is not a PCSX2/lilypad problem
(05-27-2010, 08:39 AM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like a logitech driver problem. Did you get rumble to work with any other game/application besides PCSX2? Because if not, this is not a PCSX2/lilypad problem

Unfortunately, I don't really have anything else to test with. But I do fear that it is a Logitech problem, I was just hoping that someone could suggest something. Last time I used this gamepad with PCSX2, it worked fine.
i had some problems with their new update also. completely uninstall the drivers delete all the files they will left in program files and then install them again after you make a restart. that thingy worked for me cause i didnt had any shortcuts either (and that basically means it didnt installed perfect)
(05-27-2010, 12:00 PM)iakoboss7 Wrote: [ -> ]i had some problems with their new update also. completely uninstall the drivers delete all the files they will left in program files and then install them again after you make a restart. that thingy worked for me cause i didnt had any shortcuts either (and that basically means it didnt installed perfect)

Thanks! I had to go through my registry and destroy every trace of my gamepad and the Logitech Gaming software, but the darn thing is installed correctly now. I've even got the rumble options in my controller config. Thanks so much. =D

My only beef with this gamepad is the big and small motors for rumble are bass-ackwards. >.>
Just configure it right, I have mine like this:

[attachment=23834]
Mine's set just like that, but I get a small rumble when I test "Big Motor" and a big rumble when I test "Small Motor". Isn't that kinda backwards?
yep it is strange but its normal also ( i got the same controller also) just configure the small and big like shadow lady and will be working like it should
Ooh, my bad, had it set a wee bit off. That's awesome, the rumble won't feel silly now. Thanks. =D