..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 0.9.7 & Memory Cards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry if this has been asked before, but this is always bothering me haha.

How do you manage memory cards in 0.9.7? I'm using beta 3113 right now, the official release.

Am I missing something, or is it still not implemented yet? Lol.

I would like to test a lot of games in PCSX2 0.9.7, especially with the official beta release, but it's really hard if I can't manage memory cards lol.

I get the impression it just automatically reads mcd001 and mcd002 in the designated memory card folder right now?

I was wondering when maybe this feature will finally be usable in 0.9.7, or if it is already usable... how do I use it? Rofl. It's always frustrating me haha.

Anyway, cheers for any help. I hope maybe I'll get a 'trajectory' or timeline for the launch of this feature in 0.9.7 Tongue

P.S. Congratulations on the 0.9.7 release PCSX2 team Smile
Unfortunately memorycard support in the 0.9.7 beta really blows. It's one of my top priorities to improve upon, along with command line option support. With luck, we'll be posting a second beta within a reasonable amount of time, which will have lots of ui features added, as we get feedback on what's needed.
Awesome, thanks for the prompt response Tongue

If I may suggest anything about the GUI (nothing very specific), it would just to have all video settings on one window lol. In general, I found in PCSX2 0.9.6 adjusting settings was very easy from the one drop down menu. Each section was a click away lol, everything nice and centralized, every option you needed for, for example video, was right there in the Graphics section lol.

I really like the launching from the 'System' menu, and I like how the CDVD dropdown is organized as well. Those look great.

Maybe change 'System' back to File though? Only because Alt-F is like a universal keyboard shortcut for menus.... I have a shortcut button on my PS3 controller which presses Alt-F, it's very convenient for many programs lol.

That's all I've got Tongue

Cheers Smile

P.S. Is there a specific thread for suggestions? Next time I'll just post in there lol.
Sorry for hijacking the thread though this is also memory related. I am just curious to know that how the multitap is supposed to work. Suppose I have 5 cards in the first set of multitap, and when I play a game, how the game is supposed to respond to them?
Some games -- namely some sports games -- support Mutlitapped memory cards. Most games don't support them (in fact many games don't support slot 2, let alone multitap).