..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Disgaea 2 weird problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a weird problem in disgaea 2 in new pcsx2 9.7
Opening animation is lagging- I have max 55-57 fps. Maybe nothing, but noticeble in sound department. In version r1888 i don't have this problem.In game is working normally, 60 fps constant.
My computer is AMD Phenom 2 X4 2.8 GHz, graphic card ATI Radeon 4870 HD.
more information please.

What kind of plugins?
what settings?

oh an 55-57 fps is almost 100% speed hmmm
Yeah, I know it is almost 100%, but as I said, in r1888 i didn't have that problem.
For plugins, I use default- GSdx 3068 SSE2, SPU2-X r3117, etc.
Setting default, one difference is GSdx- Direct3D9 Hardware, Native resolution,Logarithmic Z,Allow 8 bit textures and Alpha correction ticed.
Interlacing Blend bff- identical settings I use in r1888 and it's working with 100% speed.
I tried also all interlacing options, and all have the same problem.
You might as well turn off log z, since they added 32 bit depth buffer into DX9 GSDX. Turn off allow 8 bit textures as well, unless that breaks something, since it can result in a performance hit. I don't know if these settings will make much difference(probably not) but it couldn't hurt to try.
Tried- not helped.
It's not big problem, only irritating. My life will not end if I not solve this problemSmile
(06-11-2010, 02:13 PM)Aramel Wrote: [ -> ]I have a weird problem in disgaea 2 in new pcsx2 9.7
Opening animation is lagging- I have max 55-57 fps. Maybe nothing, but noticeble in sound department. In version r1888 i don't have this problem.In game is working normally, 60 fps constant.
My computer is AMD Phenom 2 X4 2.8 GHz, graphic card ATI Radeon 4870 HD.

Please be more specific. By opening animation do you mean the opening FMV (that begins with Laharl and Etna watching TV), or the opening scene where Adell's mother summons the luggage that he's tasked with carrying along with him the rest of the game? (aka Rozalin)
Sorry if I was not specific enough. I'm talking about opening FMV.
Ok, Opening FMV in Disgaea 2 is known to be pretty CPU intensive. It may have run faster in earlier versions of PCSX2, but this should be considered a fluke. We've had to "ramp up" the EE cycle rates since r1888 because the default cycle rates were discovered to be too low, and FMVs like Disgaea 2's will feel this a lot.

It's possible the EE 1.5x cycle rate will work to speed up the FMV without desynching audio; that should be enough to get you back to 100% framerate. Be warned that if there aren't enough EE cycles that the FMV's audio will desync -- usually somewhere about halfway through or so. I'm not sure if it will or not with the current EE cyclerate. I haven't tested it lately.
It's close to desync right now in default mode since we're still some ~80Mhz too slow Tongue2

Aramel:
At max it may be 10% slower in 0.9.7 than the older beta. I'm sure you can sit through this one, optional FMV?
Of course. It's not something gamebraking and I can live with it. I was only curius why it gotten slower.Thanks for help.