..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Cannot get PCSX2 at acceptable framerates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone, this is my first post here. I have been attempting to use the PCSX2 Emulator for a while now...I have been able to get it to run games properly (will boot up to menu screens typically fine, but playing any game is around 10 fps max). I am at a loss as to what is causing my issue, I have configured it just as the guide said too. The only thing I can think of is the fact that I have to use SSE2 but I wouldn't think that would make EVERY GAME un-useable. My system is listed below...and help would be appreciated.

AMD Phenom II X4 940 AM2+ @ 3.5GHz
Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P AM2+
8GB DDR2 800
XFX HD5870 Crossfire
Asus Xonar D2X

This system is entirely stable and able to plow through all Dev and Gaming I am able to throw at it...would think it would creme this emulator as it does all others....
Indeed your speeds are not normal. Start by getting 0.9.7 beta then posting your configuration of it.
Also post which game(s) you are trying to run.
Yeah, you're prolly trying to run "EVERY GAME" that has bugs on PCSX2 Wink
SSX Tricky

Killzone

Those are the two titles I have tried. I am going to try Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 later today. Both of SSX and Killzone are suppose to be playable according to the compatibility section of the website.

Also I will try the beta version, I believe I am using the version right before that.

Any other ideas?
Playable only implies you're able to play it from start to finish, those two titles in particular are pretty spotty, Killzone in particular. You'll have much better luck with KH 1 & 2.
Why would they not specify that huge difference?
(06-21-2010, 01:52 PM)StuG Wrote: [ -> ]Why would they not specify that huge difference?

They did

Quote:Playable
You can get from 'new game' to 'end credits'. This is regardless of FPS, it simply means you could with a great deal of patience, complete the game! eg: Slow, but stable!
http://pcsx2.net/compat.php?c=key
Kingdom hearts is a piece of ***** game, grow some balls and play a real one. Dont suggest playing some stupid manga ***** when the guy clearly wants to play some more action packed shooter like killzone. I for 1 want to play killzone more than any other PS2 game. Make it work! its cant be that hard
fps games have no meaning, the same thing all day. many says story based games have a soul (games like kingdom hearts). he also wants to play kingdom hearts (why he bought both 1 and 2 then?) so everyone is playing a certain game for a certain reason. and/or play everything the so called GAMERS Tongue

ps: that had nothing to do with this thread ofc...
@ liche

Totally offtopic,so much for your first post.

@ StuG

With your rig you should be able to play most games at full speed,but take into account that killzone is a very demanding game,and a tricky one to set up pcsx2 for playing it.So post your configs