..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Tales of Legendia not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have the newest version of PCSX2 (0.9.7 r3119), and I can't get Tales of Legendia (NTSC) to work even though it is supposedly compatible with 0.9.7 (according to the site). The game freezes my whole computer as soon as I hit "new game." It does the same thing on 3 different versions of PCSX2 (although all are still 0.9.7) that I have, and all 3 of those emulators can play all PS2 games that I own, just not this one. What could be the problem? Would using 0.9.6 or another version of this emulator help?

My computer has an AMD Phenom II 4x 3.4ghz processor, an HD 4800 series graphics card, and 8GB of DDR3 RAM. I'm using 64-bit windows 7.
Use a (Software) renderer in GSdx.
(06-27-2010, 01:02 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: [ -> ]Use a (Software) renderer in GSdx.

Ah, it is now working, but it is going at 20 or lower fps as opposed to 60 fps. It's because the emulator isn't using the actual potential of the hardware I have anymore, isn't it? Anyhow, how would one be able to speed this up?
You have 4 cores so you should try setting the "SW. threads" option in GSdx to 2 or 3, the game only runs in software for now so it means it only uses the CPU, you could try frame skipping too (shift+f4).

The Phenom II should be giving you more than 20fps however unless you mean in the first screens after new game in which case just get further and see if it gives you enough speed.
HW *works*.
It just needs a vga card with a lot of memory. 1.5GB or so will prolly be enough Wink
(06-27-2010, 03:00 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: [ -> ]You have 4 cores so you should try setting the "SW. threads" option in GSdx to 2 or 3, the game only runs in software for now so it means it only uses the CPU, you could try frame skipping too (shift+f4).

The Phenom II should be giving you more than 20fps however unless you mean in the first screens after new game in which case just get further and see if it gives you enough speed.

I use GSdx 2 right now. I don't think 3 is compatible with my computer. Frameskipping may help, so I'll try it, and you are right in thinking that I possibly may not have given the game much time to see if it would speed up because I didn't give it that opportunity. I will go back to see if it's just the opening scene or whatever. I'll let you know what happens.
(06-27-2010, 04:49 AM)rama Wrote: [ -> ]HW *works*.
It just needs a vga card with a lot of memory. 1.5GB or so will prolly be enough Wink

Well, I already have 1gb, and I could upgrade to 2gb if needed. haha I wouldn't mind that at all. And by HW, you mean hardware like a hardware renderer from the configuration of the video in PCSX2?
Well, here's an update. SW threads made it worse, but the frame skipping did help some. It brought me up to 40 fps (at times). Even in battle, it was still slow. Speed hacks caused the game to go nuts.
It's just not very enjoyable at this time, sorry.
Blame SONY for making the GS so alien Tongue2
(06-28-2010, 01:10 AM)rama Wrote: [ -> ]It's just not very enjoyable at this time, sorry.
Blame SONY for making the GS so alien Tongue2

*shakes fist at Sony* Oh well, thanks for all the help, guys.
Man, the current GSdx still didn't fully support this game yet at least the english version
Proof is when you look at the console when playing it always report error "out-of-memory" the stronger computer or frameskip only help you to "ignore" the problem not to "solve" it
Though I didn't try japanese version I did try both english version and UNDUB version on my dual core computer with the ~r5000 and guess what ?
English version run about 30fps at max and only 5-10fps in battle (some only 2fps though) and console almost always report error
Undub version ... well max at 60fps and ... everywhere (even in the battle with only 2fps above) no hack no error reporting
You only have to "endure" the japanese voice ... (I prefer them though)
The odd that there will be a unique gsdx is super low and I know many player don't have enough budget for a high end computer (if you have enough money to buy a new quad core 3.4 computer then buying a ps2 is nothing really)
So if you want to enjoy Tales of Legendia completely just "endure" a little japanese voice Laugh (but trust me there's a lot more emotion in japanese voice actingyou will love it soon enoughLaugh)
Pages: 1 2