..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Final Fantasy X goes black (no crash)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm pleased to finally be able to play some PS2 in my PC.
Started with Mortal Kombat Armagedon and still have some slowdowns but playable (in default).
But my dream was playing FFX, and after some adjusts its goes fine. I played almost for 3 hours with pauses (saving points). But after the cut-scene in Kilika islands after the Yuna makes the dance for the dead people the screen fades to black and remains in that state, I can rear sounds in background but nothing happens.
Anyone can help me?

"Attached the log file"
Try the latest beta if you're not already, if the default settings on the beta still get the hang then try setting the EE/VU clamp modes to extra or higher.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-off...ta-plugins

Edit: Oh and don't use save states if you're trying that.
I had this problem. In the advanced settings make sure the clamp mode is normal and round mode is chop/zero.
I get this in 25/06/2010: pcsx2-r3113-websetup.exe, but today I get: PCSX2_0.9.7_(r3119)_WebSetup.exe. Everything seems the same, exists difference between then?
I'm trying the settings both of you suggest. I will return with results.
Thanks in advance!

OK. It's worked. The setting the EE/VU clamp modes to Extra + Preserv Sign give me the pass, but the FPS was awful. After pass through the black screen I restored the previous settings and everything is fine now. Thanks !!
both the same and use the full installer better
was this ever resolved? I have the same problem.
Did you even read the thread? The answer is not many posts ago Tongue2
Final.Fantasy.X__UV__By.Nock.iso<-- really? read the rules.. warning given