..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: How to amend compatibility list?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, I don't know if this is the right sub-forum, but I had wanted to report that I got the game Ring of Red working perfectly in the 0.9.7 version. It has a red bar on the list. Have had no graphical corruption or hiccups. thanks
Games in the compatibility list get added by the beta testers only, you can use the screenshots/videos thread or the wiki if you want to contribute.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-your...ideos-here
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-wiki
I think there are a lot of PS2 games and the beta tester can not test all of them so i think we need to do something, maybe we can let normal member up their screenshots and setting info if they are correct we can use that result to compatibility list!

The compatibility list now has a lot of out of date games testing result!
Happy
I agree that some sort of collaborative compatibility list should exist. One whereby users can also note specific tips needed for each game (like the suspend resume trick in growlanser games).

The forum thread is terrible in terms of organization and lacks user-friendliness. (Am I really going to go through EACH PAGE looking for a mention of a specific game? And searching the entire forums just to find info from one thread is also cumbersome) If fears like false reports get you, simply have a voting system in place. Compatibility entries would be voted up or down based on accuracy or helpfulness.

All in all, allowing your community to do the work for you is not only smart but immensely beneficial.
(07-14-2010, 05:21 PM)Basjohn Wrote: [ -> ]I agree that some sort of collaborative compatibility list should exist. One whereby users can also note specific tips needed for each game (like the suspend resume trick in growlanser games).

The forum thread is terrible in terms of organization and lacks user-friendliness. (Am I really going to go through EACH PAGE looking for a mention of a specific game? And searching the entire forums just to find info from one thread is also cumbersome) If fears like false reports get you, simply have a voting system in place. Compatibility entries would be voted up or down based on accuracy or helpfulness.

All in all, allowing your community to do the work for you is not only smart but immensely beneficial.

If that's the problem, then use the wiki since it provides more info than the official compatibility list.....

Once people start contributing a lot in the wiki, the wiki might be added as the Official list rather than an alternate, because you have the freedom to post & edit info with up-to-date results whenever possible.
Yes, an updated compatibility list is good which is why there exist the pcsx2 wiki, feel free to edit and help others that way
http://pcsx2.wikia.com/wiki/PCSX2_Wiki

Note: pcsx2 wiki is "unoffical"

but if you have questions related to wiki, you can still ask in the wiki thread
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-wiki
(07-14-2010, 05:21 PM)Basjohn Wrote: [ -> ]I agree that some sort of collaborative compatibility list should exist. One whereby users can also note specific tips needed for each game (like the suspend resume trick in growlanser games).

You can use the wiki that was linked by CKL and myself previously for that.

Quote:The forum thread is terrible in terms of organization and lacks user-friendliness. (Am I really going to go through EACH PAGE looking for a mention of a specific game?

Use the "search thread" function if you mean the screenshots/videos thread.
(07-14-2010, 06:55 AM)Osmium Wrote: [ -> ]Hey all, I don't know if this is the right sub-forum, but I had wanted to report that I got the game Ring of Red working perfectly in the 0.9.7 version. It has a red bar on the list. Have had no graphical corruption or hiccups. thanks
how did you manage to get it past the first opening movie, bud? even if you skipped the opening movie, there will be a freeze when *spoiler* the nuke is launched after mission 13 or so*spoiler*

could you please show me? I'm desperate so far to play it on pcsx2 Wacko
Hi

I found that a member asked same question in this forum some months ago.

Pls use search box to find this questions with comments

If you want to get more materials that related to this topic, you can visit: Game tester resume

Best regards.

So you revive a soon to be year old thread to say, use the search box?
How about you search for the dates before you post please.