..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Cannot take screenshots
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This has been brought up time and time again, and I finally have the game running smoothly, and i'm ready to take screenshots and.. I'm unable to. FN+f8 doesn't do anything (how my laptop uses F keys). What's going wrong? I NEED to take snapshots of this game, as from a request, and this is my last hope of being able to fulfill that. Also, is it possible to move the hotkey off of f8?
I would check and see if it's working 1st by taken a screenshot of your desktop and pasting it into paint.

If it works there but no in pcsx2...
Try windowed mode...
If that doesn't work, try a diff renderer.

Some cards can't take screenshots of certain kinds of windows, vmr as an example for ati cards.
So you might have to experiment a little.

Edit:
Oh and one possible solution might be to change up your input plugin config.
That may be preventing you from using your Func keys, who knows.
My best advice is to get a freeware software for screencapping [preferably one that auto-saves], I'm using something that isn't freeware called Hypersnap DX. I can get easy screencaps of anything and I've taken thousands.
(07-24-2010, 05:12 AM)Dangerousd777 Wrote: [ -> ]My best advice is to get a freeware software for screencapping [preferably one that auto-saves], I'm using something that isn't freeware called Hypersnap DX. I can get easy screencaps of anything and I've taken thousands.

May I ask how you get it to autosave? It hints at it in the help pages, but never actually points out where.
F9? That worked for me Smile