..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Some basic questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have some questions. Please be kind and answer them :

1. what does svn r**** mean? I want to know what are they stand for?

2. Is it better to use a corresponding bios with a game? for instance with a PAL version of a game, using which bios (PAL or NTSC) is better, please tell me the reason.
Also I really want to know, using the latest version of a bios has any effect on FPS.
If you can suggest me an article about PS2 bios.

3. What is the best format for back up (making image) form PS2 DVDs? (for example ISO, Bin, ...)

4. What read speed is better for making image? Is the lowest (2X) better? How about writing process?

Thanks in advance.
1. Revision number.
Quote:Revision Also version: A version is any change in form. In SVK, a Revision is the state at a point in time of the entire tree in the repository.
via Wikipedia.
2. Use whatever BIOS your own PS2 have. In 99.9% this will work.
3. .iso, for that try using ImgBurn.
4. You need only to read from disc, not write. Speed does not matter on this one, as long as reading is made without errors.
(07-25-2010, 07:15 AM)Squal Wrote: [ -> ]I have some questions. Please be kind and answer them :

1. what does svn r**** mean? I want to know what are they stand for?

2. Is it better to use a corresponding bios with a game? for instance with a PAL version of a game, using which bios (PAL or NTSC) is better, please tell me the reason.
Also I really want to know, using the latest version of a bios has any effect on FPS.
If you can suggest me an article about PS2 bios.

3. What is the best format for back up (making image) form PS2 DVDs? (for example ISO, Bin, ...)

4. What read speed is better for making image? Is the lowest (2X) better? How about writing process?

Thanks in advance.

SVN is subversion, the r following means revision.
It's best to use NTSC games and NTSC bioses because PAL games often come from NTSC games and they may have problems in PCSX2. (I tried PAL FFX2 on PCSX2 0.9.6 and I couldn't even really get it running, but now I'm playing FFX NTSC on PCSX2 0.9.7 and it's pretty smooth)
ISO, simply because all the plugins that load discs like to use ISO.
The speed that is best for making the image is the fastest supported by your CD/DVD drive. If 4x is the fastest, use it... if 8x is the fastest... use it.