..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Can I copy save files from PS2 memory card to PC with Codebreaker?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wanna continue my games with PCSX2 since my PS2 died.

Thanx
The utility MyMC is able to import .cbs files into actual Mcd00x.ps2

PS: of course you'll need some way to communicate with the PC, like naplink USB cable, netlink or whatever can do it, what by it's time supposes a working PS2 or some hardware you can insert/read the card.
(07-29-2010, 09:13 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: [ -> ]The utility MyMC is able to import .cbs files into actual Mcd00x.ps2

PS: of course you'll need some way to communicate with the PC, like naplink USB cable, netlink or whatever can do it, what by it's time supposes a working PS2 or some hardware you can insert/read the card.

not necessarily -- codebreaker can transfer saves to a USB device, which is definitely the easiest way to go.

but yes... use MyMC to import the .cbs file you saved from CodeBreaker.

no homebrew needed.
Codebreaker is like cod's head to me, I never saw one. Actually I do know it exist because of many codes for it but thought it being some sort of software.

Still I can see the problem, something I didn't notice before the PS.
(07-29-2010, 11:04 PM)patrickdinh Wrote: [ -> ]not necessarily -- codebreaker can transfer saves to a USB device, which is definitely the easiest way to go.

but yes... use MyMC to import the .cbs file you saved from CodeBreaker.

no homebrew needed.

Thanx. I have CB but never used it to copy save files to USB. Now my PS2 is dead, it can't read CB disc anymore ;_;
Since you still have the memory cards it's fair to assume you true. The problem is the emulator is not meant to substitute the console. BW having it is a requisite for this forum. But it's above my competence to decide anything in the administrative side.

The real issue is not reading the disc, I think PCSX2 can do it, the real problem is reading the memcard, hence the observation in my first post.
I'll try going to a local store, borrow their PS2 for a minute, put in CB disc, MC, and USB flashdrive, copy save files, and go home.