..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FFX video problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have recently upgraded to the new 0.9.7 and it is utterly amazing, and I started to play FFX again mainly for the new game fix which fixes the bad graphical overlay on some of the videos. However it does not appear to be working, I have just reached the point at besaid where tidus kicks the ball, but the same video overlay problem from 0.9.6 is there, I had heard if you set your screen res hi enough it fixed this but as I am using a laptop this is not possible. It is the PAL version and I have 50fps at the video switch, does anyone have any ideas?
Did you enable the game fix on the Emulation Settings?
yes, both the ffx fix and the box to enable:-)
Try one of those:
1/Change drive format to NTFS
2/Use save file from Gamefaqs to pass
3/In Pcsx2 0.9.6 config, tick Full and Extra + preserve sign
I made an iso from my ffx disk and I am running from that, I tried the the full + preserve settings but still get a nasty black border and the last pic overlayed with the video, has anyone got it to work in 0.9.7? I am running at 1024/768 and at native ps2 res
I have found a fix!!, ok if anyone else is having this problem just press F9 when the video starts, dont forget to press it again when its finished:-), note this will only work in 0.9.7 as the older versions do not allow you to hotswap the renderer:-), and thanks for the help after trying everything the fix as usual was simple lolz
Try different Plugins if not already done. It's the only recommendation I can think that was not already given
In GSDX try different modes and interlaces.
thanks, as I said though I found a good fix, and not only does it work for ffx but will work for all games:-) I just tested it with FFXII and it works a treat!
That's OK, we posted at the same time, the important is you are happy Smile
But still you should try a bit more, neither FFX or FFXII needs to run the cutscenes in software mode, FFX-2 yes, for now.