..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Kingdom Hearts/GSdx10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
GeForce 9800GTX+
AMD Phenom II X3 (2.80GHz)
8GB RAM
Vista Home Premium x86
PCSX2 0.9.7.3113

I'm trying to get the GSdx10 0.1.4 working for Kingdom Hearts. I've installed everything from the GSdx thread, and I've tried all of the GSdx plugins that I have, they all do this. ZZogl and ZeroGS both render the rest of the terrain fine, but they have the sinking textures problem (since it's not using DX10). I've also tried ripping my disc and running it as an image, and mounting the image, all have the same effect.

Though I've searched through the forums, I haven't been able to find a thread with a problem identical to mine, and I'm all out of ideas, so hopefully someone here has seen this before. If there's no fix I'll just keep using ZZogl, but I figured I'd at least try here first. Thanks in advance!

(Also, apologies if I was supposed to post this in the GSdx thread, I get confused... if I was supposed to, could a moderator/administrator please move it to there? D: )

EDIT: both of these were taken with all speedhacks/fixes off, I've tried using most speedhacks and the last fix in the list, but they all did nothing or added more problems

EDIT#2: Also forgot to mention that rendering it in software mode doesn't do anything either.
It's very unusual issue indeed, it seems to point you may need to update your DirectX, if you can't have dx10 with your rig it becomes almost certainty. Notice either the directx may be outdated or corrupted.
(08-05-2010, 11:30 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: [ -> ]It's very unusual issue indeed, it seems to point you may need to update your DirectX, if you can't have dx10 with your rig it becomes almost certainty. Notice either the directx may be outdated or corrupted.

Sorry, a good idea indeed, however part of the GSdx post actually has you download the DirectX webupdater, and I'm at the latest version of DX11. Sad Also checked for corruption but dxdiag and the updater didn't find any issues.
(08-05-2010, 11:15 PM)Xenocide Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to get the GSdx10 0.1.4 working for Kingdom Hearts.

Why do you need this? Do you have problems with the GSdx version included with the beta?

GSdx10 is outdated, GSdx is what you should be using now.
Ah, I was going by the thread, I thought the last one in it meant it was the latest, my bad. I've tried those too, and I still have the same problem, thanks for letting me know though! I'll be using that from now on, then!
I'm using the last beta and never experience that kind of problem, could it be that you are using speed hacks? Look, this is how it looks the game in the last beta
Yes, I'm not using speedhacks at all. I've double checked. I'm well aware that for most people it's working fine, which is why I, as well, thought it was something I'd done at first, however, I've toggled just about every option in every category on and off, to no avail.
It's really strange if you are using the plugins supplied with the official beta version already and are sure the DirectX is not corrupted. The only thing I can imagine which is left to try is deleting the pcsx2.ini and gsdx.ini (verify the path being used, you can find it under "Config" -> Plugins/Bios selector) and letting the emulator to create freshen ones.
Nope, that didn't work either. :< Good idea again though, and thanks for all the suggestions.

A couple more curiosities I've noticed: I can switch between any of the graphics plugins with a game running with no problems, but if I switch to or from ZeroGS it'll crash. I know it's not recommended, but I figured anything that'll shed some light as to what's going on would be useful.