..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Gran Turismo 4 low FPS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, as the title says its regarding fps in gran turismo 4, Before you chop me up with a chain saw, i've been looking at guides on how to make it run more smoothly downloaded new plugins etc etc etc. Now as the drop accurs which is when im racing it sometimes drop to ~40 FPS, and i see that EE is at around 90-100% but GS barely reaches 45%, im not sure what gs is but im guessing the amount it uses of my hardware, is there any way to raise it to atleast 60% or more?

System spec:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2,5 Ghz @ 3,6Ghz
Corsair XMS 2 @ 960 Mhz 5-5-5-18
Asus P5Q Deluxe
Ati XFX Radeon HD 5850 Black Edition

Its running cool, cpu never reaches 60C
GS is graphics synthesizer. The load from that thread is on your graphics card and it just means that your gfx card can handle tha game fine. The EE though is emulated by your processor and your 3,6 Ghz are not enough (GT4 is one of the most demanding games). If you could OC more, you'd get better FPS
Cant really oc more than that its already 480 FSB 1920 Rated FSB, The cpu itself only has a multiplier of 7,5
some speed hacks can help you, mainly the EE cyclerate and VU clycle stealing. Still, due to the characteristics of that kind of games where precision and timing are fundamentals, the less speed hack you use, the better. Try finding the compromise that better suites your taste.