..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: super VU recompiler
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Guys, in VU0 and VU1 i use microVU. I wonder if someone makes a difference place in Super VU. If you are going to improve on something.

Thank you.
well thats a good question,but i think that micro vu is gonna replace supervu very soon
superVU will work for some that micro VU fails on (FFX-international is the only one tht comes to mind atm) but mvu is being constantly fixed for that
Super VU is kept for legacy purposes and it seems a few games may run better in it. For everything else stick with the micro VU.

But you should try, just it's not a general rule, it's a game based one.
But what is primarily the function of this component? What part he acts in the graphic?
Both does the same thing in different ways, the micro VU recompiles smaller parts vector instructions when they come up and caches them for reuse, it's a more compatible process.
Hmm understand.

Thanks for everything.
(08-27-2010, 11:38 PM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]superVU will work for some that micro VU fails on (FFX-international is the only one tht comes to mind atm) but mvu is being constantly fixed for that

Wait, what? When does this fail? I've been playing FFX-International using microVU without issue.
in a later revision (after the beta) mVU fails on FFXitl
I guess you mean the FFX hangs, which have been fixed since r3645 ( http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/detail?r=3645 )
Pages: 1 2