..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Ok Xenosaga report.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Ok, so I've just started to play Xenosaga and well I have somethings to say. 1st off, when I started the game, the the screen has some kind of vertical lines(though its not obstructive in some way, but still I want them drawn nicely.T_T). 2nd, I hear stuttering sounds when cutscenes come. 3rd, I get about 30fps when having the AGWS summoned on the battlefield, as well as some angles from the cutscenes.

Here are my gpu and spu settings:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c331/V...Ep1/x2.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c331/V...Ep1/x1.jpg

To those who played xenosaga, can you give me some tips on my settings? I really want to play this great game.
Xenosaga I is one of the most intensive PS2 games to emulate with PCSX2, it needs immense CPU power (something around 3,6 - 4 Ghz) to get full speed on all scenes (cutscenes are real killers).

Issue 1) Not sure what you mean by it, you shouldn't have anything like that with Native checked in GSdx. Care to show a screenshot?

Issue 2) This is a direct consequence of the low FPS you get in cutscenes. You could try setting SPU2X Synchronizing mode to Async to fix it a bit

Issue 3) Normal, as I said you need a monster PC for this.

My #1 recommendation would be to switch to Windows 7 which would enable you to use GSdx DX10 Hardware mode which is known to speed up some games greatly, Xenosaga I being one of them

Damn.T_T So you mean to say that I cant do anything more to improve my xenosaga gaming experience?(considering the fact that it needs monster pc)
Well as I said moving to Windows 7 to get DX10 support will give you a speedup. You can also try setting the EErec and VUrec clamping to None (this WILL cause problems at some point of the game so put them back up when you experience them while being sure you're using memcard saves and not save states) and checking the recommended speed hacks.
You could also overclock your processor but I wouldn't recommend it if you're not experienced in it
^

Well I cant overclock my pc coz I dont have a good cooling system. Anyway, about the clamping, what does it do? And what speed hacks do you recommend me to turn on?
Clamping is described in the configuration guide here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Official-...-guide#Adv
I meant the speed hacks that have [Recommended] besides them in 0.9.7 beta
Well, I was thinking get Xenosaga. Is that in my setup will also be slow? I'm thinking to overclock my processor, but its cooler is the original.
Since bositman just stated that it requires a 3.6-4ghz processor and yours is 3ghz, I think you answered your own question already Wink

Yes yes, I only realized after sshauhsausua sorry.

Anyway I'll do a test and then come back here =).

Anyway, I've kinda tweaked my emulator to emulate 50-60fps almost all the time.Laugh Anyway, as I've found out that there are certain save points where it will make the emulator crash. Are there specific save points or just the ones in the beginning? And can I just save state and load state if this happens? Or should I save state all the way till the end of the game?
Pages: 1 2