..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Dynasty Warriors 5 XL and disc swap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So when I try to use the Swap Disc system of DW5:XL, everything goes fine until I have to insert the original DW5:XL disc again, then it tells me that the disc is in fact the wrong disc (which is impossible since I started the game with it and even completed 2 characters). I'm using the latest SVN and it even tells me that the virtual disc tray opens and closes correctly but it still won't acknowledge it. Tried it with plugin mode and Daemon Tools too.

On 3113 -> Doesn't even open virtual disc tray.
Sorry, it isn't working yet. In latest SVNs the best we did was make it recognize there was a swap but as you said says invalid disc. No way to do it yet I'm afraid, just hope it gets fixed at some point
Does XL just need to detect the original version's disc, or does it actually need the data on the disc?
Not sure, but in either case it won't work with the current emulation level of CDVD eject/close status
Well, I was wondering if there was a way to make XL think the disc swap had already been done (i.e. via patch codes) without actually trying to do the swap.