..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Okami FPS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been using PCSX2 for a while, and I haven't had too many problems that I or my friends can't figure out, but this one is very confusing to me.
Specs:
Intel i7 Quad core (hyperthreaded) clocked at 3.0
Installed on a 1 TB @ 7200 RPM
HIS Radeon HD 5850 @ 775 core and 1000 memory (overclocking possible, generally not needed)
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 8-8-8

When I enable speedhacks I get anywhere from 70 fps to over 120 and it runs fine, but generally when it drops below 80 fps it starts to slow down as if it was too much. The speedhacks page says it can show false fps readings, but the music is still fast as if the fps is high.
It's not a huge problem, but it's been bothering me and if anyone knows more please let me know.
Also let me know if there is anything else I've forgotten to post.

PS - I still own my PS2 and physical copies of all the games I have (made the ISOs myself), so there are no worries about pirating here

Oops - forgot to mention I'm running 0.9.7.3113
(09-12-2010, 08:43 PM)XsVPollux Wrote: [ -> ]The speedhacks page says it can show false fps readings, but the music is still fast as if the fps is high.

It can also cause sync problems like the one you seem to be experiencing.

What problem do you have exactly? What settings?
For the speedhacks I have the EE Cyclerate set to one and the VU Cycle Stealing at 2.5 as well as the INTC Spin Detection, Wait Loop Detection, and the mVU Flag Hack

As I said before, every once in a while it will just slow down a bit like the frames dropped real low. It tends to happen in areas with not a lot going on either, eg. near entrance or exit to an area where it's fairly barren or places I would not think it would be graphically demanding. It's not a big deal, I just wanted to know a bit more about it if anyone knew anything
why are you using speedhacks anyway? 70-120fps are way to much, the game will run too fast. there's a frame limiter for a reason.
Without the speedhacks it runs at 40 to 50, which is too slow.
I don't mind the few extra (70 to 80) because the game is a bit slow, but I was using the 120 as a reference.
As in I don't have a problem with frames, just that it shouldn't be lagging under 80 fps.
It should be running smoothly at 60
up i get the same issues, at 60FPS it seems it's running like 40FPS
It's amazing how you have a far superior system to mine, and we are getting the same issues with slowdowns in Okami.
Yeah it's good to know I'm not the only one with it and that you have a totally different system.
So it's definitely a software problem which is good to know. What version of the emulator are you running?
I have the NTSC version of the game and it runs beautifully at 60 fps, normal actual game speed...maybe you're breaking it with hacks or maybe you're running it off a DVD instead of an ISO?
I have the same problem, without any speedhack, the game runs steady at 60 fps, but its has some awkward lag, same problem with Gradius V and Tekken V.

i7 @ 3.8 ghz
xfx gtx 275
6 gb ram
win 7 ultimate x64
PCSX2 0.9.7.3113 ----> running GSDX, directx10 @ native resolution, and isos.
Pages: 1 2